Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

price rise in uk

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by spacemo, Apr 7, 2012.

1. hello tokers :smoking:,

i live in the south west of england, about 2 years ago i was getting 1.7 grams sometimes 1.8 for £12.50:yay: but now its £10 A GRAM!!!!!!!:mad:

i was getting 1.5 for £10 from a good friend for a while but after 8 months he started to get unreliable so i swiched dealers...... turned out to be a bad idea i would have rather got some good ganja once in a while than pay £10 for a gram of swhag everyday,

i recently got an ounce and i paid £180 i weighed it an it was 24 grams not the usual 28 grams which wasnt too bad this was a trusted deal though,

was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this crazy price rise or if my dealers are getting really tight?:(

2. [quote name='"spacemo"']hello tokers :smoking:,

i live in the south west of england, about 2 years ago i was getting 1.7 grams sometimes 1.8 for £12.50:yay: but now its £10 A GRAM!!!!!!!:mad:

i was getting 1.5 for £10 from a good friend for a while but after 8 months he started to get unreliable so i swiched dealers...... turned out to be a bad idea i would have rather got some good ganja once in a while than pay £10 for a gram of swhag everyday,

i recently got an ounce and i paid £180 i weighed it an it was 24 grams not the usual 28 grams which wasnt too bad this was a trusted deal though,

was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this crazy price rise or if my dealers are getting really tight?:([/quote]

£12.50 a gram in Edinburgh!

3. where im living at its anywhere from a gram to 0.7 for a tenner of high g, the latter being the more common case these days :( not even a year ago i used to be able to get double that for the same price!

4. Where im living, about 2 years ago it used to be 3.5g for an eight, now lucky if you get 1g for £10, and most deals around here and damp bud, so really your getting 0.6g of damp leaf for 10 quid, hard times bro

5. I usually just get about 2.2-2.5 of top quality stuff for £20 these days, ye its not great but its a hell of a lot better on the 0.8g for £10 that seems to be so popular right now.

6. bout 1.5 £20, but can vary alot, depends which part of town. At uni down south was getting full 1/8ths for 25. sucks but such is life.

7. I live in oxford and the prices seem retarded. 10 a gram on the street, but if you find a uni dealer you'll get 2g. If you're lucky you can find that hippy dealer. You know, the one that sells for love of the herb rather than cash. There's one in every town. Then you'll get 3.5g for 15.

8. 3.5 for 15!?!?!?!? Unless he is growing his own in mass amounts he is going to be losing money for sure.

Well, obviously it depends what grade you're talking about, but I thought we were referring to well grown dank, named strains.

9. i live in the midlands, its been about £10 a gram for a couple of years of now, i get everything from what has been referred to as english standard to cheese to a nice haze depending on what my guy has at the time

at one point not very long ago it was £10 for .8 of damp bud, it needed drying properly which took about a week and you knew you were getting screwed on the weight but what is to be done when most of the connects you knew have either bailed the country or are doing time

10. London 3.5 grams for £20. OP i live in the UK, sounds like the people in the Area are just taking the piss.

11. How long have you had a relationship with your dealer/is he a grower. Because that price is ridiculous for London, if it is indeed top quality shit.

12. [quote name='"BonesTT"']

3.5 for 15!?!?!?!? Unless he is growing his own in mass amounts he is going to be losing money for sure.

Well, obviously it depends what grade you're talking about, but I thought we were referring to well grown dank, named strains.[/quote]

No loss of money involved, its a bagseed business that was never meant to be serious. The grow is largely a small group effort to bring local price down while not going broke.

13. So you have involvement in the growing to get that price?

14. [quote name='"BonesTT"']So you have involvement in the growing to get that price?[/quote]

I have no involvement at all outside knowing them well. Because there are a few of them the cost is spread out and other dealers can't compete. They just have to avoid arrest or attack until it has an effect on other suppliers. ;-)

15. Fair enough, if you know them well I imagine that price aint far fetched, very very good price, more than twice as good as the average I'd say.

16. damn its worse than i thought whats with this people, i live in a small town there is only about 6 big suppliers the people they sell to are all selling at £10 a gram or less i think i need to get friendly with a supplier, or start growing my own.

think of the profit people are making if i grew my own an sold it at £10 a gram i would be rich £280 per ounce, although if i did i would be selling it to people i know for £12.50 at 1.7 just because i would want them to do the same for me but we all know they wouldnt.

do you guy think this is gonna get worse?
    i might have quit until i find someone selling at better price, just cant afford £20 a day for 2 grams

well im off to get high on crappy weed!:bongin::smoking:

17. Of course it will get worse. I've never seen anyone become LESS greedy, have you?

And the price may be going up, but the quality seems to be getting better overall too.

18. I'm south-east of England bro, £10 a gram here too

19. uk prices suck dick man! some people even doing 1.4 8ths and ounces of cheese for £270!! deffinetly makes me appreciate growing more lol

20. £200 = 1 oz