Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Price of gas?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Big Poppa Puff, Feb 6, 2003.

1. I got the word this evening that gas around here is going to 2.00 a gal.

Makes me sick to think of it.

Diesel fuel is going up .40-.50 cents on a gallon. I use close to a hundred gallon a day!

2. HIGH All, no shit eh!! Bud Head i feel for ya. See many a good contractors lose a bid because of the HIGH diesel prices..just wasn't worth it.

3. I will have to stop doing the quick jobs and do nothing but big stuff till this passes.

The government doesn't understand you can't pay employees, eqipment payments and fuel if you don't make the money to move from job to job.

The contractors I work for can't pay more when they have already bid the jobs and don't have the money in them or can't charge more for the jobs!

4. 1.62 in MI. PRice has rose 30 cents in the last 3 weeks, which is the fastest they can legally do it. Since there's a law limating how much you can raise the gas price in a given time period..It will continue to rise which will suck...But is also good becuase I've heard predictions that S.U.V.'s will go on sale cheap because of how expensive they are to drive nowadays. And I wanna another trade my truck :)

5. ours is so high too. its like 1.49$ for a fucking gallon of gas! god damn whats this economy coming too? i need a joint!

6. 1,40 usd per LITER where i live ;|

7. they're raising the prices because we're going to war

8. LoL well.. what about my 92 Z28 Camaro with a 5.7 litre engine in it :p haha thats a gas hog and a motha fuckin HALF!

9. Hey, KB! Another Michigander!

It sounds like our prices are the worst in America. lol

All of you who have to pay by the liter.... I'm so sorry!

But this about alternative fuels.... you have to think about net energy gain.

So if it takes more energy to produce a certain fuel than the fuel will give in return it's not that usable of an idea (patent vanished.....).

That's the problem with Hydrogen as a fuel. Sure, there's lots of it in the universe..... but very little on earth naturally. So we have to make it. Electrolysis uses electricity to split water molecules into O2 and H. Unfortunately it takes more energy to do that than the H will give in return. (Negative net energy gain.... not good)

And how is that electricity generated? Mostly by the burning of fossil fuels..... So we just can't get away from it just yet. We need a fuel that gives WAY more energy than it takes to produce it (well... kinda like fossil fuels... and atomic **cringe**).

So all of you out there who drive purely electric cars... shame on you! lol That electricity came from the power factory that burned fossil fuel to produce the energy to send that electricity to your car.