Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Price gougers

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by JohnnyWeedSeed, May 24, 2010.

1. This little rant came from a thread in which a poster clamed that $60 a gram was a good price for a honey oil claming to be 80 somthing % THC along with several other threads of pickups from med dispensaries with prices.
    Some of these jokers are charging upwards of $70-75 an 8th? And worse yet people are saying that is worth it?

Certainly not! Even if you are trying to turn a profit, which would then make your collective illegal as it needs to be not for profit by law, I guarentee it did not cost them anywhere near $60 to manufacture that product or even worse the $70 8ths. Even taking into account the overhead of running a not for profit organization, that is an obscene price to charge no matter what level of THC it has.

The majority of these dispensaries are nothing more than "snake oil salesmen", to quote another poster. Yes, they are selling legit medicine, but they are gouging their victems, or patients rather, with assinine prices. They charge seriously ill people, who some of which are so poor they don't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of, street prices and higher for the same damn herb that you can grow for a fraction of the price or actually buy it on the street for less than the dispensary! They call themselves compassionate but they are really nothing more than sneaky rip off artists who are adored by the very same whom they are ripping off!

I clearly have not been to every dispensary in the country so I will not be so brash as to pass this judgement upon all of them but the ones who fall into this category deserve to be raided for taking full advantage of the misfortune of the people who look to them for help.

2. While I would not deny that there are definitely a good number of bad dispensaries and collectives out there, you cannot compare your collective's pricing to that of a street dealer, because logically the collective has much more overhead than the scuzzy dude hanging out down by the high school selling dime bags.

The easiest way to avoid this kind of thing is to comparison shop and find a club that treats you right. I've been to literally hundreds of clubs in the 6 years I've been a patient, there's a REASON why I now only go to two.

3. If you think the price is too high, buy somewhere else. People usually charge whatever their customers are willing to pay. Stuff is obviously selling at those prices, so what incentive do they have to lower them.

Competition will drive down prices and create a better product.

4. dispensaries...wow...yea i can understand them charing a little extra for the whole "feds can come get us at any time so WE are risking OUR asses for YOU" when the feds have seemed to given up on the dispensary busting front... but yea i go in and its like this. they have 5 a gram shit, 10 a gram shit, 12 a gram shit, 15 a gram shit, and 16 a gram shit, like seriously, you think that shits so epic, you only raised the price 1 buck and then think its a good deal when we know you are paying like...maybe 4-5 a gram for that shit.... nonsense

5. If you take a 4000 dollar pound and screen it out to 1 ounce of hash, that's a 4000 dollar ounce of hash. With about 27 grams in an ounce, 60 bucks gram is looking pretty good.

I would never pay that. God no! I would however make it myself if I had the extra pound.