preventing pollenation

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by MrLanky, Jun 21, 2006.

1. So I remember in one of my colleg biology classes that you coul prevent a male plant(any type) from producing poillen by cutting of the stamens. It's essentially like castrating the plant. It wold be cool if I could keep my male plants for seeds without having to uproot them. Would this work?

2. you mean like sit there like a crackhead and pick off every single little pollen sack.. yeah that would probably work if thats what you mean but you cant get seeds from a male plant unless it has pollen sacks.. i would just take a couple and put em in a baggie and stick it in ur freezer and then pollinate a couple of lower buds on ur plant for some seeds..

3. Thats what I thought. My friend, who was in the same biology class and is helping with my grow, thought that it would be a good idea. I guess it actually works out better since you could have your male plants produce seedless bud. But your right it would take forever.

4. Male plants don't produce bud. They only make little pollen sacks. Unless your into cross breading or just need alot of seeds its best just to hack am down once you find them.