Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Preventing munchies?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by kiefsmoker420, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Is there any way to prevent getting really hungry when your stoned

2. Nope not that i know of besides eating before you smoke. The reason you get so hungry is that when you smoke your blood sugar levels drop fairly low. So you realize their low and your body eats to raise the levels.

3. yeah, don't eat.

/thread

4. I dunno, I stopped getting the munchies a while ago. Used to hit me hard but now I get more of an urge to do something, like play a video game or make some music on the computer or something.

5. Drink water and keep your mind off food by watching a movie or some shit.

Shouldn't this be in Apprentice tokers?

6. @DyerMaker it is.

7. Get used to not eating when you smoke, you'll adapt.

8. You learn to mentally suppress that feeling of hunger, grasshopper.

9. [quote name='"tzman"']You learn to mentally suppress that feeling of hunger, grasshopper.[/quote]

Yeah he means eat grasshoppers before you smoke

10. You can also amass a shitload of fruit and veg, or other super-healthy stuff you usually wouldn't consume in a large quantity, then use the munchies as the driving force towards a healthier diet.

11. just eat a bit before you toke

12. If you don't have a kitchen full of unhealthy food, it's not an issue.

13. As outlined already...

1) Eat before smoking.
    2) You'll get over it in time.
    3) Get healthy (or at least not completely unhealthy) snacks, preferably something like shelled peanuts (ie: something that requires a bit of effort and time; it isn't like grabbing potato chips out of a bag).
    4) Exercise some self-control.

14. That's what I do, whenever I smoke alone I buy a bag of banana chips and apples, apples are my all time favourite munchie food.

15. Personal healthy fave of mine: strips of carrot dipped in peanut butter (made from only peanuts, no sugar no salt added)

16. [quote name='"TheBudBuddha"']@DyerMaker it is.[/quote]

Oh, must've been moved. Oh well not a big deal anyways. :smoke: