pretty sure i just got a job at a headshop.

Discussion in 'General' started by BlazeLE, Oct 19, 2012.

1. had the interview and we talked about training next week and stuff. apparently im "leaps and bounds ahead" of their usual applicants... turns out headshops dont get the best applicants. its only 1-2 days a week so its enough to keep my pipe and my gas tank full. cant wait to start.

now i say pretty sure because they didnt actually say the words "you got the job" but everything they were saying was pointing in that direction.

2. Gimme free bongs bro

3. Fuck you. Seriously.

Haha no I'm jk, congrats that's awesome!

But fuck you.

4. Would be a super chill job. Good luck working there man :smoking:

5. :smoking: Just wait until they let you into the employees lounge duuuude :bongin:

6. Good shit, should be fun

7. Dude enjoy it

Idk how freely you guys can talk about weed but even if its strictly buisness type then either way its awsome

And if i recall i remember you wanted a job badly and stuff
    But congrats man

8. thanks guys looking forward to starting.

9. That's awesome, that is a job I've always wanted to have. I work in a video game store at least:smoking:

10. I hope it works out for you bro ... I need to get my license cuz a delivery service I pickup from has been telling me to hit them up when I get it cuz they need more drivers :) wish me luck blades . I also hope I get my car by december

11. not from what they've said. due to the nature of the store they dont usually attract the best kind of customers. but i mean when its not busy it will be chill as hell.

12. What was the interview process like? What kind of qualifications do they look for in head shop employees?

Also if you do get the job you should post what it's like working there!

Congrats on the almost-job!

13. [quote name='"BlazeLE"']

not from what they've said. due to the nature of the store they dont usually attract the best kind of customers. but i mean when its not busy it will be chill as hell.[/quote]

Still man a jobs a job, and they're hard to come by nowadays. I just scored two job interviews today, one at petco and one as a delivery driver for dominos, I'm hella stoked. I moved up to this small college town and have been looking hardcore for a job for two months, then all of a sudden I get two calls for interviews within an hour of each other.

It's weird, you feel like its so hopeless just endlessly applying to places, but every time I scored a job it just kinda fell Into my lap after putting in so much time looking haha. My last job that i worked full time at this summer, I literally just called this doggy daycare up and asked them to hire me and i told them I had experience and I got an interview right there on the phone

14. [quote name='"HSO Bandages"']I hope it works out for you bro ... I need to get my license cuz a delivery service I pickup from has been telling me to hit them up when I get it cuz they need more drivers :) wish me luck blades . I also hope I get my car by december[/quote]

Dude that'd be so fuckin tight. Just burn hella while driving around delivering to patients, damn that'd be the shit. Not to mention the free goodies that might come your way haha

15. [quote name='"BlazeLE"']

not from what they've said. due to the nature of the store they dont usually attract the best kind of customers. but i mean when its not busy it will be chill as hell.[/quote]

Like.. crack heads and methheads? :laughing:

16. well i went in because my friend didnt wake up the first time i stopped at his place and the shop was down the block so i decided to kill some time there, talked to the owners husband for a bit and got an app. then i came back with it filled out a little bit later after a small session at my friends place then she interviewed me and asked me some basic questions and if i knew about the products. then she started telling me basically what i was doing and that she needs a day off.

i mean it wasnt a hard decision since some of the things they said were "some of the people coming in here looking for work cant even do 2+2" and "we've came in and had people sleeping behind the counter" that combined with the fact that i have my own car pleased them quite a bit.

17. Congrats! :hello: Keep us posted on how your 1st day goes!

18. not so much anymore since they stopped selling stuff they would be interested in a few years ago. but they have hobo that likes to scare customers and use the side of the building as a bathroom also tries to get cigars for like half price. but i mean a place with a no returns policy is bound to piss some people off.

19. i think i almost got a job at a headshop once, the only reason i didn't take it is because I would be afraid of what my parents would do.