Pressing hash without pollen press?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by WeedGrowsOnTrees, Dec 22, 2020.

1. How to press kief into hash without a pollen press? Any kitchen or everyday tools that can be used to press kief into hash? Don’t want to invest in a pollen press as this is a once in a long time thing. Thanks

2. Put it inside a Ziploc baggie and put the baggie under your heel in your shoe.
    Then just walk around all day and pull out your pressed hash at night.

Old trick from long ago. It's called Shoe Hash if you want to look it up.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Some pipe.2 nickles and a hammer.
    [​IMG]
    Don't bother. I make this dry ice Kief every few months and after a day or two it changes from a powder to a dough like consistency and compressing it would not be desirable. This smokes and makes edibles perfectly as it is. Hash is Kief only compressed to make the smallest package for smuggling.
    Once compressed it needs to be fluffed back up for use.
    Torch the corner till hot and twist some off and rub between fingers and thumb to expand.

<-- smoked a lot of hash over the years.

BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Going with finger rolled hash seems to be a better idea since it’s going to be in a dough’ like texture
    Aside from hygiene, only downside might be wasting kief, since some of it will be left on your fingers

BNW thanks for the info on hash kief and how it has to be decompressed before use. Don’t want that, just some dough to break a piece off and add to a bowl

5. Yeah Blix you bet me to it...an old favorite from the 1970's...

and still a winner even in the 21st Century ..lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. On a second thought... maybe I might be looking for hash that’s not like dough.
    Which one is easier to light and consume in a bowl? I feel like the dough will be harder to light up and keep lit compared to kief hash, which will be basically like lighting up a bowl with kief and stays lit?

7. I like the way a bowl of kief burns. Light a corner and take it all in one hit.