Pressing a bunch of keif to make some hash.

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Baby Dino, Apr 1, 2009.

1. I just bought a 30 dollar pollen presser from the local High Times. Packed 2 weeks worth of keif in it. Pretty excited to see the result in 24 hours. The lady at the shop suggested keeping it in my pocket cause heating will help the process. I wouldn't imagine it changing much. Either way, might as well show off the rest of my gear while I'm posting.

[​IMG] 2 weeks of Crystals collected. I find this to be a feat.

[​IMG] When I bought the grinder it came with a lil triangular pick thing. Useful for this task.

[​IMG]

If you can see properly, my inventory includes a nice acrylic bong, Glass spoon shaped pipe, and 55mm Metal Grinder. Bit of Exo on the table as well.

2. Man i needed one of those pressers recently. Just ended up sprinkling the kief on the blunt.

Dome that pellet of hash. You will fall in love with it.

3. yea i got one of those but with a little screw or something i dunno how to describe it. its pretty good, you're gonna like the result. a good idea is to keep that shit in there for like a week in total darkness and as much as heat as you can. she probably told u to keep it in your pocket so if she saw u she could steal that kiefy goodness from ya! :p

4. I didn't know these things existed till I came on this site. I always said I'd save a bunch of keif and smoke it in a blunt, but I never got around to it. I think tomorrow is going to be the day. Either that or I wait unti 4/20.

Would a week really make that much of a difference in the quality of it?

5. Wrap it in a towel and tape it and throw it in the dryer. The heat will help activate the resin glands and give you a darker, more pure and compact hash.

6. 24 hours.. lol.

heat it with a lighter with kief inside until the press it hot & press the shit out of it. then remove 24 seconds later and smoke.

or wait for no reason.
    your call.

7. i havent smoked in so long and the last time i did which was about a couple of days ago (long for me) it was keif sprinkled on bud, twas good
    oh and nice bong had me triked for a sec thought it was glass then i realised it wasnt, still nice

8. sweet 2 twoonies. let's go to timmy's. I need to get a kief presser for myself. hash is so enjoyable to smoke every once in a while. Though it would def spoil you if you got it too often

9. This is how I do it :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWfMi5nnj_k"]YouTube - How to make hash[/ame]

10. thanks for that video oldskool. gonna try this shit this weekend! looks easy as hell

11. Up until the invention of bubble bags and kief catchers, etc., that is how most hashish was made in the Old World. In Morocco and Lebanon it was common to sift the plant through what is basically cheesecloth, then the kief is wrapped in moistened cloth and heated then pressed.

The other traditional method is 'finger hash'. That's when harvesters literally rub their hands over the resin rich buds of mature plants. They then rub the resin off their hands. The gooier hash variants like Black Afghani and Purple Nepalese are made with this method.

12. #12 Baby Dino, Apr 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2009
    Would putting it in the microwave for a bit do anything? Don't feel lik ehaving some chunky metal thing flying around my dryer.

I'm gonna leave it under a mattress for the rest of the day, hopefully that'll be warm enought to heat the resin glands...

13. It's too hard to control the temperature in the microwave. An oven at around 225-300 is actually best, but a dryer will work. I prefer lower temperature and longer exposure to higher temperature/shorter exposure. It preserves the quality and potency better.

14. that high of heat is alright? i know in that video he said something like 125 for ten minutes..how long do you put it in the oven at those temps?

15. did you guys know, that long ago, people used to run through their fields of weed naked, and collect all the resiny shit on their body?

they would then scrape it all off their body and compress it for hash.

[​IMG]

16. Watch the video again. He says a higher temp than that, in C I believe (I think he's Canadian)

The decarboxylation temperature of THC is around 225ish. That's the temperature where it sheds a carboxyl group and becomes the psychoactive form. Short exposures to even higher temps won't significantly degrade the THC into other cannabinoids. I do 10 or 15 minutes then press and roll and press then reheat it and repeat, then I cool it off.

17. true must have missed that. thanks, how many grams of kif would you suggest using?

18. I don't bother if it's less than a few grams. I usually do 7 or 8 gram blocks.

19. No...I didn't know that....I don't really think I'd want to smoke hash collected on other peoples bodies. Then again with what people do to the shit we buy these days, I'd actually prefer body hash.

20. #20 thedude16, Apr 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2009

the video said 125 Celsius or about 257 Fahrenheit, so you would put it in for the same time