Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pressed kief ?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by RVA3, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Hey guys been saving my kief to press it an it's coming closer to the date I set to smoke it. (pumped) Now I'd say about a gram pressed hard as fack, to where it's smooth to the touch an a good sized puck.
    Now with it being so dense I assume it will last longer then one snap? Bowl pack? Ect. My main question is how the hell do you smoke it since its rock hard. Like hash? Over thinking?
    Thanks for the help guys

2. I like to use matches for kief, just have a bit more control, light it then it on one side or in a corner and the cherry will burn and slowly spread across the little nug. It burns for a long time and fairly hot, so it will keep smoking between hits like a joint, you gotta keep up :)

3. My favorite is vaporizing kief or hash. You will get the most out of it.

4. weed hash weed bowl. Just what it sounds like: a little weed on the bottom a little hash/keif on top, and cap it off with a little more bud on top.

5. ^^^^^ ewww wtf don't listen to this fool just get hemp wick, it won't give a bad taste to your stuff, and it will give you 20X better control than a MATCH will <=== seriously WTF:confused:
    anyways hemp wick is only a couple bucks for a few feet

6. what's keif?

7. [quote name='"DaPurpleToker"']
    ^^^^^ ewww wtf don't listen to this fool just get hemp wick, it won't give a bad taste to your stuff, and it will give you 20X better control than a MATCH will <=== seriously WTF:confused:
    anyways hemp wick is only a couple bucks for a few feet[/quote]

http://forum.grasscity.com/other-toking-tools/780540-free-hemp-wick-free-shipping.html

Free wick, they even pay for shipping.

[quote name='"basssnob"']what's keif?[/quote]

If you use a decent grinder they will have what's called a kief or pollen catcher. Its all of the trichomes/small plant matter that fall off when you grind the weed. Its basically just extremely potent powder.

8. It's the small crystals that falls off weed when you bust it up or grind it.. You can also get shakers which maximizes the kief output! :hello:

9. Good looks , thanks my dudes !!

10. you let the head burn off, it doesnt give a bad taste at all if you wait

11. kinda true, but I think you still get a little taste of the sulfur even if you wate as well as the taste of the burning cardboard the match is made of. anything you light on fire and smoke with will add a taste, but hemp wick is definitely superior to matches IMO and adds a wonderful hempy taste that seems to enhance the taste of your bud.

also OP, I prefer to smoke kief when its just the loose crystals; topping bowls with it and such, but pressed kief is defined as hash, so yes, you would use it exactly as you'd use any other kind of hash. top bowls, use a screen and smoke it by itself, you can really do anything you want with it. Don't over-do it though haha, it may look small but it packs a serious punch

12. oh, i use wood matches, if anything i like the flavor, it reminds me of camping haha :smoke:

13. wood seems like it would have even more of a taste ahha. To each his own I'm not knocking it at all; but i always try my hardest to avoid adding any extra flavors to my bud; the more pure the taste the more enjoyable the smoke in my opinion.
    I'd still use matches over a lighter any day though

14. when it is top shelf, i vape when possible, but if im running lean on cash and i settle for mids i go to my matches. ice never been a lighter fan anyway, i always loose those fuckers :p

15. hey guys, im in a similar position, i've got about 2 months worth of keif. the bottom tray of my grinder is really full. i;m topping up every bowl now with crystal, just to lessen the load.
    i used to press my kief all the time, the pressed kief seems to go down better in joints... but since i stopped smoking ciggies, i find that loose kief is better for bowls (i like to take one hitter snaps).
    anyone know a good way to store loose keif? like those mason jars or is it a good idea just to leave in the 3rd tray of my grinder?

16. I always keep my kief in a small medicine bottle, but it'd be even better to put it in a small airtight glass jar. You don't want the jar to be too big because the more air that touches your kief the faster it will dry out. Leaving it sit in your grinder is exposing it to a lot of air all the time, I'd recommend moving it into your jar as soon as you have a fairly decent amount in the grinder, theres no reason to let the thing get too full