Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pressed Kief (Pictures)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by brcmix, Mar 1, 2009.

1. So I've seen alot of people talking about getting grinders lately so I thought I would just remind everyone about a potential application for the kief you can collect from a grinder.

I'm not sure if most people save their kief or not, but for some reason I really like watching its accumulation so I always have quite a bit. If you do end up saving even just a little bit, I would suggest pressing it into a pellet.

I follow this really helpful tutorial: http://forum.grasscity.com/stash-jar/242982-5-5minute-diy-kief-press-step-x-step-pictorial.html. Its super simple, cheap, and fast.

Sidenote:

I have a 5 piece grinder, and this is just the kief from the first screen, thats why its more green than normal. I'm saving the real stuff for a special occasion, maybe 4/20.

Here are a few pictures of the finished product:

Tools and pellet:
    [​IMG]

Macro 1:
    [​IMG]

Macro 2:
    [​IMG]

I hope I inspired someone to try this, because its really effective and is amazing when you run out of actual weed.

Thanks for reading/looking!

Any comments or opinions are welcome.

2. that just looks like compressed shake.

3. Haha, yea I guess it kind of does. But if you look at the plate you can tell its definately kief. And yea like I said, this is from the first screen of kief, which means that this will have a higher percentage of plant material than most kief does, but it still has a higher than weed THC content

Thanks for your response though!

4. Dude that's straight up weed!

I've collected crystals from hundreds of different strains and 90% are a goldeny amber colour, not green/purle!

5. ii think you want an outcome like this color.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sry to threadjack but it should look a little more along those color and not have any leafs and such in it just the stuf that fell in the kief colector.

6. thats not kief
    this is kief
    [​IMG]

7. did anybody not read what he said

"I have a 5 piece grinder, and this is just the kief from the first screen, thats why its more green than normal. I'm saving the real stuff for a special occasion, maybe 4/20."

he knows it's not really that pure of keif. but that looks like a sweet way to make pressed anything, i'd love to pop that in a bong dude!

8. the pic that i just posted is from my first and only screen
    so he probly just has a shitty grinder

9. perhaps, i dont know? but what he's got right there will certainly still get him high i bet.

10. #10 tucansam420, Mar 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2009

what do you mean first screen in a grinder? what are you talking about? a grinder should have only 1 screen. if your sieving pounds of trim then yeah you will want to have multiple screens. your totally wasting your pot filtering ground up marijuana through different sized screens. just letting you know. doesnt make any sense to me.
    and no way, when you look at the plate i see huge pieces of cannabis. kief is very small, hard to see each individual piece. you have huge chunks of pot dude.

btw. what you have there is some ground up shwag or old, very old cannabis. i would not smoke this. hurt your lungs and would have no effect.

RastaMon has pictures of real kief, that is how it looks.
    and bostondutchmast has hashish, not kief.
    dont listen to brcmix.
    some people in here have no idea what they are talking about.

11. Wow.. Just no.

12. Although that really isn't kief, I like the method you used bro, Imma try that for sure sometime.

13. ...? doesnt look of high quality to me.

14. qft...

15. ???? huh????

16. quoted for truth
    i agree with you homie

17. i have a 5 piece grinder and my first screen yields kief...that is a rich amber color and has virtually 0% plant material. i am not sure how you went about getting this from your grinder but the screen should not let all that shake through no matter if you have a 4 piece or 5 piece. not sure, but that definitely is not kief. i use the same method to press my kief wit the zebra pencil and a xacto blade ben...exactly the same size and it works like a charm.

18. ***MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE***

Everyone needs to take 2 steps to the left. You are all standing on the OP's dick.

Read the post. He knows it's not high grade keif. It's from the first of 2 screens in a 5 piece grinder. The same model I have.

Put buds in top grinding area. it falls through the spikes onto a screen. where it catches the ground material, stems & seeds. Below that there is a second screen to catch any plant material that slips through and allows the pure keif to pass through to be collected in the very bottom of the grinder.

What he took a pic of was the 'shakeish stuff out of the first screen.

I'm reppin' the dude for a bad ass idea. I collect my keif all the time & have been looking for a better way to smoke it. These pressed pellets are a kick as idea.

19. Lol at the Sandoz.../lsd

20. Where do you get those kind of razors that were in the first picture?