Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pressed Kief Bubble Hash?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by N3Wstrain, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Is it possible to make a bubble hash tasting puck if you put a lot of good kief into a small hash press and added a couple drops of water for the moisture and taste?

2. Ive pressed with water multiple times, not only does it make pressing it into a more dense puck easier for some reason, but after you let the water cure out the flavor is sooooo kick ass haha... yea its possible. Unless you used a lower micron kief screen though it wont be fullmelt, it will bubble though

3. well, i don't mean to go against sirssog, but isn't "bubble hash" also some of the oils from the plant matter you put in the bubble bags?

4. cold water hash is kief extracted via water.... pressed kief is kief, so is bubble hash lol... kief is oil, its also other material from the plant as well, but it contains mostly oils

5. yea, but bubble hash is also additional oils from the plant, right? i guess just kief with water could be considered bubble hash, but i assume it wouldn't have that kind of dark color that bubble hash has

6. That dark color comes from when you are beating the triches off the plant in the water, they bruise and become dark. Ive pressed kief over and over with heat and had it get nice and shiny and dark. And with cold water, no extra oils should be getting extracted, only the kief, oils dont dissolve in water, but since the trichomes are pretty much stalks of oil on the outside of the plant, cold water can easily separate them... Cold water will be better than pressed kief, in my opinion just for taste and the texture, but pressed hash can easily become "bubble" hash, in the sense that it will bubble, it wont melt away very well though

7. oh okay, thanks for clearing that up. looks like i'll be trying to put a little water on my kief discs from now on

8. The best screen I have is the one is my spacecase titianium. It's a new grinder and I haven't smoked the filtered kief from it yet though, but it looks tasty.

Thanks for the info man. Glad to know it works.

9. anyone have any tips for pressing keif into bubble hash, bubble hash is the only kind of hash i havent made because i dont have bubble bags but this thread makes me wana try pressing some keif with a few drops of water in it and see what goes down. What would be a good setup to do this?

10. looking forward to trying this next time im making a disc! any noticable differences between a hash disc with/without water?

11. i've noticed a drop, for like every G of kief is perfect for making a disc...

let it dry through a little though!!!

12. Not really sure whats going to happen through a press, i press by hand, using heat and water.... the water generally just makes it stick better, while the heat obviously makes it press more densely as the triches become soft and mold to eachother hahah.