presidential administration can assassinate US citizens on US soil

Discussion in 'Politics' started by junkheadrev, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Will Americans care if extrajudicial killings happen in America when so much of them don't care about us almost randomly offing people by drone strike in the ME/NA? I think the average person is going to say "I'm doing nothing wrong so I don't have to worry about being killed" just as they say "I'm doing nothing wrong so I'm not worried about the expansion of the surveillance state" when our civil liberties are eroded away. They just shrug, drink another beer and watch some more TV or whatever. I do hope I'm wrong.

There will be a point when there is too much resistance to basic civil liberties being worn away, sometime before our society completely becomes a modern day panopticon. Every day we are creeping closer to a technological surveillance state which eerily echoes the panopticon of Bentham and Foucault.

2. wasnt this basically already established under NDAA? That civilians can be assassinated on U.S. soil.

Now their just saying their gonna use a drone, and honestly, who didnt see that coming?