President Trump, Making america great again

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jman42028, Sep 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perhaps they are staying to curry favor. Do you think we should prosecute Trump because someone's trying to curry his favor? We're going to prosecute someone for getting their ass kissed? This sounds like just another case of selective prosecution by haters. When the Clinton's were accused of taking gifts instead of being prosecuted they were allowed to return or pay for those gifts. Should Trump be allowed the same grace, an opportunity to correct his passive illegal activity?

2. Trump knew and was encouraged to prevent this prior to taking office.
    He had his grace then.
    His greed and ego allowed him to continue.
    Were the Clintons gifts from foreign powers?
    This rule has been on the books since our founding fathers.
    Why do you think he is above the law and can choose which laws to ignore, or even take an illegal advantage of?

:smoke:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. But we all agree that your memes and comments about other members make a huge difference...
    it's a balancing act... someone needs to give the conned a dash of reality now and then. lol

Peace bro

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I don't think Trump is above the law. I agree Trump is greedy and his ego has no limits, that's irritating but not illegal. He wasn't given anything here, those hotel guests paid for services just like everyone else should. There's lots of ways to curry favor other than staying at his hotels, should we make all of them illegal? If someone flatters Trump should he be prosecuted? Flattery is a way of currying favor. Laws and prosecutions should make sense and if renting a hotel room to a foreign dignitary is illegal it's a bad law.

5. So you are basically saying the President should be able to use any tactic to enrich himself whilst in office?

6. How do you even come up with that from what he said?

7. How is he simplifying the Code to that level?
    That is basically what his argument is.

8. He should enrich himself anyway he pleases as long as it's legal, just like every American. That's why I think these charges are bullshit charges and are simply part of the Resistance. What "tactic" is Trump using here to enrich himself?

9. Imagine not having a president and not having to waste time with such discussion

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Another Christmas miracle. MAGA!

[​IMG]

11. Indeed! I finally agree with you. Too bad you refuse to step up to the plate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  12. Instead we’d be discussing our corporate fascist overloads.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Tell me again how tariffs & the subsequent trade war is MAGA? imo, this wasn't even a half baked idea it was just more campaigning to keep the rebels roused by the "stable genius"... he throws crap against the wall to see if it sticks then goes into walking back (EU autos) and damage control (12 Billion farmer bailout)...

Farmers did not want to be on welfare, they want to farm... it took them decades to establish their global connections and now other countries are stepping up and taking the market & relationships they worked to form.
    It's not just autos, nail mfg., Harley Davidson, etc.. by a long shot, too soon to say how many industries and workers will be affected..

Meanwhile costs for "we the consumer" are expected to go up (bye bye to the little tax break)...
    -----

Chevy, Coke plan to raise prices amid Trump trade war.

Get ready to dig a little deeper for a Coke or Chevy Silverado.

Both Coca-Cola and GM said Wednesday they will have to raise prices on their iconic products in large part because of President Trump’s trade war.

The rising price of European aluminum and steel is expected to pinch their bottom lines — and the unexpected increases will be passed on to the consumer, the companies said.

“Clearly it’s disruptive for us,” Coca-Cola Chief Executive James Quincey told analysts while reporting the company’s second-quarter results, speaking about the cost increases. “It’s disruptive for our customers.”

Later, in an interview with CNBC, Quincey noted that the off-cycle price hike was “pretty unusual” for the brand.

“The tariffs on the metals, it’s one of many factors [that] cost us to go out in the middle of the year and announce price increase,” he said.

Trump, claiming US products were treated unfairly by the European Commission, earlier this year, slapped a 25 percent tariff on European steel and a 10 percent tariff on aluminum.

The move in recent weeks has sparked howls of protest from US businesses.

Then, on Wednesday, Trump, in a Rose Garden appearance with EC President Jean-Claude Juncker, vowed to resolve the steel and aluminum tariffs.

“We agreed today first of all to work together towards zero tariffs, zero non-tariff barriers and zero subsidies for the non-auto industrial goods,” Trump said.

The agreement to work toward a solution may come too late for consumers.

(more at link)
    https://nypost.com/2018/07/25/chevy-coke-plan-to-raise-prices-amid-trump-trade-war/

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. duplicate post

15. duplicate post

16. And yet every president leaves office with much more money than their pay stubs show hmmmmmm interesting isn't it?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Trump screws farmers; offers 'hush money' says Trump supporter

Ex-USDA official accuses Trump of treating farmers like Stormy Daniels with ‘hush money’ payoff after ‘screwing’ them

In a blistering editorial, an Ohio farmer and former USDA administrator tore into President Donald Trump for offering the nation’s farmers a $12 billion “hand-out” that he says is no different than “hush-money” that president reportedly paid to adult film star Stormy Daniels to keep her quiet about their reported affair.

According to Christopher Gibbs “Let me be clear. I want to be supportive of the president and his policies. As a farmer, we voted for the president... But the president’s trade war, now being supported by hush money to keep agriculture sedated, is a bridge too far for me.”

The Ohio farmer then turned to dark humor:
    “I slept with a billionaire because he said he loved me. I expected to make love, but in the morning I realized I was getting screwed. When I went to tell the world, I was offered cash to keep my mouth shut. Who am I? No, I’m not a model or someone named Stormy. I’m the American farmer.'

We keep hearing about the ‘Art of the Deal.’ I’m waiting for the “Art” portion. Using a club to bludgeon our trading partners and allies is not negotiating. It’s nothing more than a playground bully stomping around to see who will flinch.”

* more at link
    Local farmer calls it like he sees it - Sidney Daily News

18. All I can say is MAGA! Another packed house..

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Amen Brother Amen
    Looks like the silent Majority will be speaking BIGLY again come November

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.