President Trump, Making america great again

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jman42028, Sep 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ISIS members shouldn't be allowed to come back to Europe. Yet here they are, in their thousands-

Not all parents can be veterans, unless the draft is re-instituted. Should all American citizens spend years of their life serving in the military, as all Koreans or Israelis, for example?

I was a conscript in GSV, the Norwegian border guards to Russia. I'm not against conscription, I think it brings the country together and prevents unecessary wars by way of direct involvement of the population. But it's a big thing to ask of someone who isn't a big fan of the government, do you disagree?

3. I go to scars every year on MY OWN dime...

4. Yes. My good sir, we both agree that parents should be able to teach their children to protect themselves, and that in the modern age that means firearms. My kids will be in submission grappling from at least age 8-16, and in my little tribe of close friends, we are blessed to have a Serbian veteran, who has agreed to take our kids under his wing for coming summers, to give them some insight into how to act in situations where bullets are flying.

Parents should teach their kids how to put bread on the table, how to manage relationships, how to manage personal finance, personal health, and a great manner of things. Yet a lot of parents fail.

Should is seperate from is, and there are many parents who do not agree with us that their kids need to learn to protect themselves.

How do we convince them to change their minds?

5. The liberal party will do that on its own...

6. Libs are "waking up" in droves...

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Yes. It helps to push. I'm doing my part. Have you been here long enough to remember my posts when I was barely out of my teens, still in the ivory tower? I was pushed.

Again, with apologies and gratitude to @MrThoughtCrime for bringing me out of the ideological bubble, ruthlessly so. I hope you come back to read this some day.

8. I think so...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Good, good. Would you expect to see eye to eye with a far-left Scandinavian on so many issues? What was built on the backs of my grandparents in the wake of nazi occupation won't go rotten on the spoiled youth.

Hard times make hard men, hard men make good times, good times make weak men, and weak men make hard times. These good times are dangerous, if one forgets what it takes to make them so.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. The Lyin King cancelled the summit with N. Korea just like I predicted. So much for a Nobel Peace Prize. :lmafoe: :lmafoe: MAGA.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. More MAGA...
    :coffee:
    ---------------------

There are no winners in Trump's economy, only non-losers and big losers who are getting clearer by the day

[​IMG]

12. @VikingToker you'll notice the Divergent tactics are going to pop up now from the left because they don't want to face the truth of the statements that were just made in this thread

13. What would you call me?...

14. That clear it up for ya @nativetongues

• Like Like x 1
  15. Examining merit, attachment to factions and system of thought is a great way to figure out which people you can safely ignore, and which you should pay attention to. The above posters have terrible merit, an extreme adherence to left-wing tribalism, and a close-minded system of thought that doesn't allow for anything to change their minds. Thus, they can be safely ignored. Or trolled, for your entertainment.

The ones who have open minds, a willingness to criticize their own factions, and an ability to see past the red/blue dynamic, those you should engage with. They can be convinced, and should be engaged with dialectic methods.

I don't know, I haven't read enough of your political thoughts to form an opinion. I ignore the vast majority of what is posted here, or skim past it. Most of it is drivel, and bickering, and tribal sniping.

Hence why I asked what you'd call yourself, so I can read what you say from now-on and compare it to that. :smoking:

16. The modern parties have perverted so far from what the idea was that I don't really know

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Thus fuck em all...

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Oh, alright. You're certainly not alone, there. Large segments of what used to be the American left, my former allies, are still adrift, too. I'm optimistic that a new center is beginning to form. One in which tribalism is considered the worst possible element.

I hate the term, but "the intellectual dark web" is an exemplar of the new center, of people who are realists first and ideologues second.

Opinion | Meet the Renegades of the Intellectual Dark Web Halfway decent article about the lineup of what could be considered the mentors of a new political mode of thought

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. #2099 nativetongues, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
    1. “In the time of the Civil War one of the arguments between the North and the South was that the South wanted the black numbers to count towards their house of reps Representatives the north refused saying if they count as men they must be free Democratic party was the slave owners of this time.”

1. I mean the description is a little reductive but I would largely agree. A couple clarifications though. This argument did not occur during the civil war. This argument happened log before during the birth of our nation and the creation of our constitution. It lead to fierce debates which eventually ended in the 3/5th comporomise being included in our constitution. The biggest gripe the north had was that they would be out represented massively if slaves counted as free men. At this point in time it was widely accepted in both north and south that slave labor should be legal. There was certainly streaks of abolitionist thinking and many northern founders who wanted to ban slavery. But they knew that the country was not ready for it and compromised on the issue to form a union of states. Things like 3/5th compromise and preventing international slave trade ban until 1808 were put into appease the southern states and abolitionists. Also the Democratic Party which largely constituted southern states was very pro slavery.

2. “And if you think about it they were already feeding and clothing and housing all of these black people all they did is invent welfare so the people will continue to depend on the same people that were their owners before”

2. This statement is just so ahistorical and patently wrong I don’t know where to start. First who is this nebulous they you are referring to. You are referring to two different sets of people at entirely different periods in history and pretending they are the same group of people. We’ve established southern democrats in the early to mid 1800’s were the party who was strongly in favor of slave labor. You then go on to claim that these same groups of people invented welfare “so people will continue to depend on people who were their owners before”. But this is not even remotely accurate. Our social welfare structure that we commonly think of today was largely constructed from 1930 to today with the biggest pieces being instituted during FDR’s new deal, LBJ’s presidency, and many other pieces put in in between. By the time we started welfare programs most of these slave owners had died out and obviously were not pulling the strings. LBJ who created a lot of our modern welfare programs famously said “we’ve lost the south for a generation” because he consciously chose to go against the desires of the southern democrats which lead to a massive political realignment. Many of the places which were strongly in favor of slavery were the strongest opponents to welfare programs. The notion that slaveowners or their intellectual desecndants secretly pushed for welfare programs to keep black people dependent on democratic policies is conspiracy level shit There is literally zero historical basis for it. The Democratic Party in the 1900’s is not the same as the Democratic Party in the 1800’s a lot of shit happened in between.

3. The first major welfare reforms in this country during FDR’s new deal explicitly and I mean explicitly as well as in practice excluded African Americans. This shit was done by design specifically to appease racist southern democrats because they did not want African Americans to receive the benefits. If your theory was true these southern democrats who are the descendants of these slave owners would have wanted AA’s to be included so they could politically manipulate them or keep them dependent on the system. But that’s not what happened at all, in fact the exact opposite happened.

4. As to your point that voters will fear voting republican because they may lose benefits and therefore are controlling the voters, that is not unique to one side. Republicans frequently say you can’t vote for a democrat because then “abortion will be legal” or “they’ll take our guns” or any of the other million political priorities that conservatives have. You wouldn’t say that Republican voters are being controlled by the GOP would you when they make this argument to tepublican voters. Why is it that democratic voters are controlled or slaves to the Democratic Party but GOP voters are not? Both are forced to vote for one political party out of fear of the other parties political agenda.

5. Lastly you really need to read more about the grotesque nature of slavery because your characterization of it is off. You imply that owners were feeding and clothing slaves and compare that treatment to modern welfare programs which is a garbage anology. Slaves were taken from a young age, often beaten into submission, worked almost all day, had no autonomy, the woman were often raped by their owners, families were frequently separated, and their living conditions often were almost unlicable. The notion that modern welfare programs are analogous in any serious way to slavery is ridiculous. Modern welfare programs provide services for people and in exchange if or when they get back on their feet they pay taxes to support these programs. Once again slavery is depriving a person of autonomy and exploiting their labor for personal ends often involving harsh abuse and mistreatment historically.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. Your side paddling with a gardenfork
    or to translate that into city folk
    Your intentionally obfuscating...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.