Present Day American Revolution

Discussion in 'General' started by GreenTheGiant, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Do you think it could happen. What if the occupy protesters took up arms like the rebellions of americas past. Would the military just mow them down or could they have a chance

2. they wouldn't stand a chance.

One, we're in the same country. Two, the English gave up. If they wouldn't have given up, we would have lost.

3. idk it depends there are some people in the military who know better than to attack civilians. plus there are alot of militias made of veterans who see how corrupt shit is.

4. It could TOTALLY work.

Govts powerless without the military.

How many fucking military men are gunna choose govt or there families and country men?

5. It's very possible look at other countries they didn't just mow them down and some of them are worse then us. If this went country wide we could change something's we would have a chance

6. id call it more of an evolution than a revolution.

7. Obama gets off on the thought of hacking up american citizens, the only way a a revolution would work if it was peaceful. and then when we started to win they would start hacking us up but we would still win.

8. this thread and all who replied have probably just been added to the CIA's terrorist watchlist :cool:

9. [quote name='"Skunky Monkey"']Obama gets off on the thought of hacking up american citizens, the only way a a revolution would work if it was peaceful. and then when we started to win they would start hacking us up but we would still win. [/quote]

How many SUCCESSFUL peaceful protests have there been in the past? Not many.

How many successful VIOLENT revolutions have secceeded? A shat ton

10. stop these trolling revolution threads...instead of sitting behind your computer wondering about revolutions how about you actually start one.

11. [quote name='"Snowman00"']

stop these trolling revolution threads...instead of sitting behind your computer wondering about revolutions how about you actually start one.[/quote]

Ha thats why i made this thread cuz theres been so many. Wanted to know if any1 thought it will happen

12. many of us have already stated our feelings in the other threads...don't need to do it twice or even three times.

13. Ight i guess that ends it close thread/

14. Look at all the peaceful protests that have happened recently...

15. [quote name='"Skunky Monkey"']

Look at all the peaceful protests that have happened recently...[/quote]

Man I'm looking..

But all I see is mayhem in greece...

A shit storm in the middle east..

Unrest everywhere else.,

And failed peaceful protests. EVERYWHERE.

The issues with peaceful protests is that they expect the person with power to simply hand over the power or the specific laws that they want..

Powerful people will NEVER give up there shit by choice.

16. If it happened, I think it could be successful. The rebellion would need to find a way to get the government/military to start shooting civilians first though. Once that happens, more people would be sympathetic to the cause, and a lot of current military members would switch sides, or at least that's how I think it would need to happen.

17. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Honestly, I think i'd join the marines and mow em down myself.

18. [quote name='"jimboob"']

Honestly, I think i'd join the marines and mow em down myself.[/quote]

Idk. Seemed like they were all having fun.. Lol

I could see myself becoming a hippie..