prescribed klonopins?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by joe Biggs, Jun 9, 2008.

1. is it easy to get prescribed benzos? particularly klonopins?

i was reading on wikipedia and they said klonys are prescribed for anxiety disorder, panic disorders and restless leg syndrome.

i have ocd (anxiety disorder), which when added to daily stress and anxiety i freak out and panic (panic disorder) and have agrophobia (social anxiety). and also RLS. im on zoloft for the ocd and such but no results after 8 weeks, do i have a shot with being prescribed klonopins?

2. shit.... soundslike you should get them if you've got all that and other meds don't work....

3. Yeah man, your a good canidate for it.

But also be sure to get on another SSRI!

4. why? If anything never take another SSRI again. I wouldnt recommend taking klonopin or any other benzo everyday because if you stop suddenly you will have a seizure it happened to me and it fucking sucked.

5. i think my pysc will put me on klonopins (if not another benzo) and continue my zoloft at 100mg (at 75mg daily now). thanks guys, this boosts my confidence going to try and get more anxiety meds.

ill report back on wensday (when i see my psyc) with the outcome if anyone is curious.

6. Very easy to get klonopin...its usually what they start with when they notice the slightest anxiety. They throw those out real quick

7. Hmm, I have been on Citalopram (SSRI) for about a year and I decided to discontinue using it a couple weeks ago, in part so my near future experiences with LSD and MDMA won't be diminished. Quitting all of a sudden didn't seem to have many effects, so I don't even know how well it was working. I also used to be on a restless leg syndrome medicine, but it didn't work. So basically I'm saying I could be the perfect case for a benzo...

As long as I'm on my parents insurance though, that won't happen. Somehow they know all about the addictive properties of benzos (and not from taking them, haha) so they nixed that before I even said anything about it... So in a couple years when I have a history of failed experiences with SSRIs and RLS medications, do you think it would be a pretty easy prescription to get? I'm not even sure if I would want that many around for that cheap though... that could be trouble.

8. depends. i got klonopin .5mg from a shrink that was 1-2mg of klonopin a day for about 9 months but then tehy caought on to my pill addiction i was doin dexedrine and klonopin together really fun but got mad strung out weighed nothin always gackin out. whatever you say dont tell them youve done any drugs and tell them pot gives you panic attacks. just act like a nerd and if you really have anxiety shouldnt be hard. i was getting lories (lorazepam) pretty easily in texas so they might be easier to get else where (here in oregon k-pins where more populra) GOOD LUCK AND DONT GET A HABIT!~

9. i dont want sound like a junkie trying to get prescribed when i doubt have a problem. but my question...

i have all disorders i mentioned in my first post, but with a legit klonopin subscription will it have recreational benefits on me. or would i have to be taking more than what im prescribed to take? i really dont care about recreation i just hate my anxiety, ocd, panics, and social-phobia.

10. It really will help you with your anxiety and social phobia. It will also stop racing thoughts in your head if you have those. Klonies really chill you out so judging from what you've talked about on here then they might be a good short term thing for you. They wont give you a total recreational high if you truly do have anxiety. They'll help you feel "normal"..what ever the fuck thats supposed to mean. Popping more than prescribed can get out of hand quick...so i would say try it for a month and try to get your life back going and then get off of it. You dont wanna be on meds for your whole life. Theres other ways to deal with anxiety and for some people marijuana makes anxiety worse so keep that in mind too..

11. clonazepam: panic disorders

flurazepam: insomnia

alprazolam: anxiety

diazepam: no idea, something similar

cocaine: fun

haha dude its easy as shit man, whether you have it or not. im currently on a program where they give me klonopin and i completely faked my way into it.

12. ya...i was driving when it happened to me.

keep your drug habits in line, they can become your worst enemy before you know it

13. to sir: i havent smoked in 8 months. tho i most defiantly will in the near future.
    when smoking decently frequent for a year or so my anxiety decreased a lot.
    and you said get of klonopins after a month? that doesnt sound like much time to be on any meds, you know.

to crack: diazepam (valium), is a benzo for anxiety and such.

14. I dunno everyones different but after a month you'll gain such a crazy tolerance to the klonies that you will need to up the dose. Then you'll be poppin more everyday and then a problem can start. I was prescribed it and i didnt get it refilled after that first 60count bottle. I felt a problem comin on fast and i just found other ways to deal with the anxiety. You said the smoking helps you so fuck the pills man just rip a bong every night before you go to sleep. Weed had an opposite effect on me. Everyday smoking increased my anxiety which is why i cut it waaaay down

edit: It wasnt being high that made anxiety worse...it was when i wasnt high. All anxious and irritable and shit

15. hey dude PLUS REP thank you so much. seriously ive read about diazepam and valium. i knew valium was for anxiety also i just did not even know if it counted as a benzo.

you have just solved such a puzzling little drug riddle for me man thank you hahahahahaha

im zooted.:D

16. sir i know what u mean, but for me the anxiety isnt horrible but when its bad anxiety and regular ocd, i just flip the fuck out. and yea the times between smoking are hard but it doesnt hurt me that much than no smoking. and i wouldnt be looking for pills if i could be smoking, wish i didnt have to stop.

and crack idk if that was a joke but i really dont care your post arent really helpful.

17. well if you got your anxiety under control for the most part then i'd say klonopin would benefit you for the times you need to just chill out. They hit you pretty fast and they'll def help you out with anxiety attacks or whatever. Just stay active and try to keep your mind occupied for most of the time and then pop klonopin for the times where the anxiety hits you hard

18. u dont take them daily? just when u feel u need to?

19. if im looking to be prescribed klonos should i just say i have all the thing i mentioned in my first post and wait from him to say what he thinks OR should i say i heard klonopins help with all these things i have.

20. I went through countless meds before I was prescribed Klonopin (which I still am).

Seriously... It took months upon months to get it for me. Of course other places are different, I just happen to have doctors that think I pop pills, shoot up heroin, and snort coke in my free time :rolleyes:

I'm on a pretty high dose, 2mg a day. 1/2mg in morning, 1/2mg at lunch, 1mg at night.

Last time I took one was 2 weeks ago, though, and before that... 2+ months.