Prepping.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Mr Info, Dec 9, 2011.

1. I'm just wondering if there are any preppers here on GC... Getting ready for economic collapse, martial law, etc.

If so, what procedures are you taking to prep?

2. wtf? I thought this was about popped collars. Wtf is a prepper? Like a hoarder in a bomb shelter?

3. Stocking up on guns, booze, and bud as we speak. :D

4. learning various ways to kill

5. In a disaster the most valuable things are ammo and fresh water. You can trade for food.

I don't know how to save water without it going bad but I have well water so I guess I should add fuel for a generator.

6. You can try to use bleach... I think it's 4 drops per quart, but don't solely trust me on that :s

Yeah, I'm going to make some rain barrels, and hopefully that should help my water supply...

7. Apparently u can leave water in a clear plastic bottle and disinfect it in the sun. You really need to focus on protection, food, water and hygiene products. I just started making my BOB.
    Check out the zombiesquad ;)

8. More ready for zombies than anything else.

9. I don't know man. My Dad has been ready for years...Water, Guns, glowsticks etc. lmao:eek:

But I feel as if things go to sh*t, the military is just gonna step on our door and tell us to leave with them. How do you prepare for that sh*t? :(

10. I put in a shallow hand pumped water well a few years ago for backup in case of power outages. Don't know how safe for long term drinking it is, but I do have as much as my arm can stand to pump....

11. All you need is weapons, then rob all the idiots that hoarded food and water instead of weapons... It fucked up really, but hey, no rules when it comes to survival...

12. Smoke up and arm up.

When the shit hits the fan and the march to the white house begins, I'll be there.

13. To answer the question....no. Not at all. Truthfully I've got too much going on to worry about stocking up or prepping or any of that. And if we are talking about issues in the US alone, I've got a few places over seas I can go. If were talking about world wide.....I'm fine in my little bubble here until shit hits the fan.

14. When everyone has nothing to lose, the shit will hit the fan.

The question is, will the government be able to keep everyones heads above water, and will the citizens of this country stand up for itself. Fuck being on the verge of drowning for eternity while these greedy, dickless, deep pocketed, cock suckers design more laws to keep them filled.

15. Nah, im way way up in Northern Alberta, Dense forests beyond imagining are at my back door. I can fend in the wild if I have to, fuck relying on the system. I can go it alone if I have to, im fairly experienced when it comes to isolation.

I am planning on getting a 5 gallon gravity fed water purifier and a bunch of filters. Some of the rivers up here are not known for being very clean. Something like this should do.
    Big Berkey Water Filter by DisasterSuff.com

Other that there is enough wild game around here to last a lifetime, and I have enough frozen/canned fruits and vegetables to last me until late spring/summer when wild edibles arrive. At which point I can get loads of fiddle heads and wild raspberries with relative ease.

16. [quote name='"Elem3nt17"']Nah, im way way up in Northern Alberta, Dense forests beyond imagining are at my back door. I can fend in the wild if I have to, fuck relying on the system. I can go it alone if I have to, im fairly experienced when it comes to isolation.

I am planning on getting a 5 gallon gravity fed water purifier and a bunch of filters. Some of the rivers up here are not known for being very clean. Something like this should do.
    Big Berkey Water Filter by DisasterSuff.com

Other that there is enough wild game around here to last a lifetime, and I have enough frozen/canned fruits and vegetables to last me until late spring/summer when wild edibles arrive. At which point I can get loads of fiddle heads and wild raspberries with relative ease.[/quote]

So isn't your answer kind of a "yes"?

17. Not really, unless you consider buying a water purifier 'prepping'. It's not like im stocking up or anything.

18. [quote name='"Elem3nt17"']

Not really, unless you consider buying a water purifier 'prepping'. It's not like im stocking up or anything.[/quote]

True. I guess being mentally prepared is def not the same thing as prepping lol :smoke:

19. #20 Buddha_Man, Dec 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2011
    i thought about making a folder full of useful documents such as

-how to make simple wine
    -how to forge metal
    -how to make simple shelters
    -how to skin animals
    -edible wild plants
    etc

also made a list in my head of things that will be good to stock up on
    -Canned food. obvious reasons
    -Bags of tobacco. I imagine that all the corner stores are going to get looted, so cigarette packs will be gone very quickly. Even if you dont smoke, tobacco is a great commodity for trading.
    -Boards and scrap metal. Great for building and making weapons
    - Guns,knives, melee weapons self defense
    - Lighters,Matches,flints. making fires
    -Gasoline/propane/butane. sources of fuel
    -Small motors. may come in handy for making various machinery and weapons
    -Batteries/small electronics//Books. even in a time of survival, human beings need entertainment.
    -Clothing. you will need plenty of layers in the event of power outages and cold winters. also good for trading
    -Canvas tarps good for making shelters
    -Rope. very useful
    -Candles/lamps. lighting. go for the cheap unscented candles so you can stock up
    -Duct tape. good for building and repairs
    -Medicine/bandages. painkillers, cold meds, antisceptics and gauze
    - Pot seeds. grow your own weed for smoking and trading