prepping for first indoor dwc..need guidence

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by semperfi31, Mar 25, 2010.

1. i got some great input from (sativanya) a lil while ago. but am just trying to learn more of the benefits of leds and hids and the digital ballast and what fans i will be needing.
    grow room wiil be 2'x4'x5' and will have 6 and 3 inch duct slots.

and i want to make a dwc tote system..looks pretty simple.

btw..... my brother is growing 2 sprouts in regular potting soil under a 60 watt uv lamp. they have grown 4 inches in 2 days out of the dirt now and both have a couple of flowers coming.. he has em in a box wit mylar balloons lining a card bored box.. he got them on 12/12 shift (which i thought was to be wrong) and waters them when needed.. what to do to maximize this small effort so he can turn his project into sumthin like mine

2. Your available space and your budget are going to be the two things that limit your grow. How much money do you want to spend? How much space do you have?

DWC is a great choice for beginners, imo. I am in the process of completing my first grow, and I could not be happier with my choice to go with DWC. I am doing mine in 5 gal buckets. I would recommend that over doing it in a tote as each plant is isolated from each other. This means that if you make mistakes (you will, trust me) than it will only affect one plant as opposed to 2-6 depending on how many are in a tote. Additionally, if you are growing from seed, the tote won't do you justice as one plant may hog the nutrients and weaker plants could die off. This isn't an issue in 5 gal buckets.

Once you give some details on space and $$$ we can help point you in the right direction in terms of lighting, tents, venting, circulatiion, nutes, etc etc.

If you haven't already, go to the DIY forum and read the DWC tutorial by rumple. Best thread on teh interwebz!!

Edit: Wow, I'm dumb. Didn't see that you posted your grow space. For that size space I would use a 400w hps w/ cooltube & grow 2 plants in 5 gal buckets.