Prepper420’s No-Tillin Adventure!

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Prepper420, Apr 3, 2019.

1. It would be great if there was an organic leaf mold co!

“You are unlimited!”

• Like Like x 3
  2. Yea I’ve heard mixed things on peat moss subject. some people say we’ve depleted the bogs but I recently read a paper from Unitersity of Vermont that said 2/3 of the worlds bogs contain some form of peat, and that peat bogs that are harvested in Canada are under strict regulation and are harvested and restored as sustainably as possible. Idk I’m still using it. Definitely not going to coco IMO that shit sucks had bad experience trying to recycle coco mix. I think the way we recycle soil kinda offsets the negative aspect of depleting the bogs. That’s just MO.

Gotta giant pile of oak and maple leaves that’s been breaking down for awhile (takes forever) hopefully I’ll get to use some leaf mold soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. You screw the caps on tight? And it’s 7 day ferment right? Little confused about the stabilization process and how that works

• Like Like x 2
  4. Loose lids, and I add more sugar after I’ve strained it and then it stores in the fridge. 5-7 day fermentation time.

• Like Like x 7
  5. Prep give me some tips. I'm popping my banana ffj cherry. After I strain it what is the shelf life of the extract? And is white organic sugar a no no? Do I need that glass weight thing? Where can I get one? Sorry if you've answered all of these before lol.

• Like Like x 1
  6. A year in the fridge. Organic Brown sugar only. Don’t need a glass weight for this one because it will just sink to the bottom.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Veg, had to spend some time in here today! With 44 plants in here, just a tiiiiny bit crowded . Got it all arranged from Left to right in rows of 4x based on what’s going into Flower next. Still looking for males in the 8x PPxGW, so not sure if they’ll all make it to flower.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  8. Jeezzzz 44 lol man your killin it! How do you do it? I got 9 and I feel like that’s a lot. One day I’ll be on that level. Getting there slowly but surely. I think if I had the space (thinking bout movin op down to basement) and raised bed that (4x8 lookin pretty good) I think I could handle another 10-20. Would probably have to quit toppin & training and just let em grow. Training is time consuming.

• Like Like x 5
  9. I love it man, keeps me on my toes. Training is so important!! Can’t skimp on that man! You could set a day aside to do it once a week or little bit each day.

Even on some of the big grows I used to run, watering, transplanting, and training take the most time. The in between times you’re just sitting around or only working a little each day.

Think the most lights I had at one time was: 96 lights between 3 locations. Around 300 plants in flower, my wife ran veg and took hundreds of clones all the time, busy lady! Lol

• Like Like x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. How you been liking that bed prepper? Those rectangles would open up so much more in my space and make blumat installation much more simple!

• Like Like x 2
  11. I LOVE IT!! It’s really awesome, makes growing a dream, only wish I had another for the other side, already priced the custom 4’x12’ it would take to switch out the 3x 200gals pots. Plants in it are growing HUGE buds too! The blusoak tape is keeping the bed evenly moist across a much bigger area, much better than the carrots with a line of drippers.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Nice!! I’m actually thinking about going to them too. I think the rectangle design will really open things up! I also have been thinking about depths and have realized the bottom of my pots (especially the 20 gallons) are just too deep, seems like the bottom soil is just a filler almost...

• Like Like x 3
  13. Where can I buy some brown sugar in larger than 1 lb increment? I have some bulk cane sugar, apparently not white, slightly tan in color. It is from costco. Think I could add some moles asses to that and call it a day?

• Like Like x 1
  14. I just buy brown sugar at the grocery store, I don’t go anywhere special for it. I don’t know anything about adding molasses to brown sugar.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Yea it seems daunting but I guess most the time I’m kinda just inspecting the plants and making little adjustments on LST. If I really just scheduled everything and made it so every time I was in the garden I was getting something substantial done then maybe I could pull it off. The hardest thing for me is working after work. I landscape in the heat bout 10-12 hrs a day so when I get home I try not to over exert myself. Lol my gf always yelling at me to relax. I get home from landscaping all day and start landscaping our yard and working in veg garden or med garden till it’s time to go to bed. Never ends! even on the weekends I’m working and doing side projects. I think the better I get at growing, the better I’ll get at managing time and what not. I got 3-4 years of growing organic pot bout 2 years with this living soil/Notill style. Can only get better I think lol. just gotta avoid burning myself out. got heat stroke couple years back going too hard in the heat. I got a good motor physically but sometimes my brain doesn’t know when to tell my body to stop lol. I guess my boss likes it that way... he always says without me he’d be screwed cuz I get things done unlike other people in my generation. everyone he’s hired my age gets canned for being lazy or being on the phone all day long.

16. I could never do a day job and grow for long, was always worried about the plants and didn’t get a whole lot done like you said. On the flip side, staying at home and growing full time only keeps you busy for an hour or two a day at most, sometimes I’m in and out of the grow rooms in 15mins lol. Lots of fucking free time, which I spend mostly with my wife and doing chores, learning Spanish, stuff like that. Sold my PS4 and decided to learn Spanish. All those hours wasted on video games, could speak 4 languages by now

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. You’re living My dream dude. If your ever feeling bored or down or stressed just remember that hahaha. I’m hoping to start my own business next year so hopefully my schedule will be a lot more flexible and I can come and go as I please to check on the girls and do whatever has to be done. Looking into cultivating L but they want you to jump through hoops. Make it really tough for little guy like me to get one. They’d rather big pharma or some other millionaires reap the benifits of legalization such a joke.

Edit: that’s when trap doors under the shed may come in handy

• Like Like x 2
  18. #499 Prepper420, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    I’ll keep that in mind. Got to remember to stop, breathe, and be grateful for what I have. How far I’ve come as a person and a grower, met the Flame of my Heart 3.5 years ago. Got a lot to be thankful for indeed!

Being your own boss is the only way to go! Just got home from looking at property with the family, could be an epic place to start our Meadery business plus my wife’s work. Lot’s of creeks, lots of room for an orchard, bees, raised beds, green houses. Could make a killing selling food, mead, honey, fruit, and veggie starts in the spring. Going to do more research on it!

Black market for life here bro! Lmao! Just hear a lot of horror stories coming out of Cali right now and Colorado wasn’t much better when I lived there.

I’d rather grow food and do homesteading stuff, I could teach gardening classes on the farm on the weekend to city slickers.

Just have a smaller personal sized green house (sealed and filtered) for weed. Grow like a pound of each flavor. We smoke around an Oz or two a month, so that would work out nicely.

• Like Like x 6
  19. This makes me feel so much better prepper! I was wondering if you had a day job...

I was thinking I really needed to step up my game! :judgekneel:

• Like Like x 2