Preparing the harvest, drying/curing the crop, & adding flavors.

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by jcj77d, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Mold can smell like ammonia, which is one of the main ingredients of Pine Sol.

2. If it smelled like ammonia I would say it smelled like that... but it smelled like PINE part of Pine sol :) Very very piney, almost noxious

3. That's just a bad cure or naturally piney smelling herb then. Pine Sol smells like ammonia to me with a hint of pine...

4. just curious what ginseng might do??

5. Thanks, this is very good information. I am thinking of trying orange juice (no pulp) in a hydro setup.

6. my master kush, smells like lemon pledge, very lemoney & piney

7. hey jcj. could you put that text in paragraphs and in easier steps. not anything to peticular. just make it kinda easier to read or follow by if using those steps. thanks.

8. wow i always knew that plants absorbed the stuff in the soil like that, but i never connected the dots. I might try to water with vanilla extract the last couple hours of my grow, then cure with lemon/orange peel soaked in vanilla extract. thanks for the good info!

9. Hey had a question bout moldy buds. Found some of that white, fuzzy stuff on some buds right after pikckin it (I assume it was there for a little bit just never noticed it before) . Picked all the white shit off but when I saw a post saying that there could be spores everywhere it freaked me out. What shoud I do? Is the stuff smokable or will it fukin kill me? I should also mention that a few weeks ago I found some mold growing on the room walls. Got rid of it ASAP with some solutions and it came off easily. I really appreciate the help . Thanks

10. can anyone go into a little more detail about how to cure the bud in glass jars? i don't really have space to hang it or anything and that method was touched on in the OP. i just wanted some clarification on something like that.

+rep for the post

11. I was wondering if there was any advantages with hanging over drying on screens. Ive seen people dry with racks of screens or maybe i was mistaken and that was only temporary. I assumed that perhaps you could dry on racks of screens maybe using small space better with a larger harvest.

And if you can dry on screen racks how would you go about it ?

12. drying em ca it be done in the grow box just with the lights off for the reason being the smell is top priority if so wut exactly would be the best way

13. nice ideas - food for thought. I've got three beautiful northern lights ladies on the go just now so i think i'm going to try this flavour idea out on one of them, then compare and contrast. As it happens, I'm rather fond of orange so will try your extract example out. thanks for sharing. kudos :)

14. So has anyone tried adding the extract before harvest with good results? I've got some imitation strawberry extract I was thinking about putting in right before I harvest, but I've read some places it makes the smoke harsher. Anyone?

15. A fellow grower friend of mine got as green as he could get coconuts and added the water from them to his nutrients it came out dank, gonna do it on some of mine close to finish.

16. You say that its best to store in fridge or freezer, are there any benifits or harmful results from this? I wonder what happens to the bud if frozen and its left to stand out of the freezer, freeze and thaw cycle, will it harm my bud?

Thanks
    Hoops

17. Hi there liked the post for harvesting its gonna help me alot i am on my first grow so I need as much valuable info as poss my friend! I was gonna ask you a question about cuttings I realise I should have took cuttings earlier buut am i better taking them from the bottom of the plant or middle there is no buds coming from the branches at the bottom whereas the middle and top are showing white hairs and buds starting to form?, and can I cut the buds at the top and middlle of to let light into the bottom half to enhance bud growth when the bud is ready up there ?
    One other thing can my leaves be cut away now or when im ready for flushing just as the trychomes are changing color.
    In a nutshell should I keep the leaves and trimmings and what do you recommend I do with them?

Sorry for all these questions bud any help would be appreciated.

My plant is 5ft I amd using soil and a 400w son t agro bulb 12/12 with ferro a and b nutes.I have attatched some photos for ur convenience

Cheers dude

18. Well,
    I have had a jar of buds in the freezer, about four days, today I checked the buds to see how they were doing, and find the buds to be soft and moist, almost like they have been rehydrated. At the moment I have the jar open, not in the freezer, and hope like hell theres no mold on these. I have no idea now what to do with them. I think the advice of freezer curing is a bad one.

Anyone else have an experience with this method of curing?
    Please help
    Hoops

19. I think you are mixed up. If I read correctly you put your bud directly into the freezer. You are supposed to dry your bud to cure it. Some people keep their bud in the freezer afterwards for storage. Take it out hang it up start some fans in the room for circulation and dry. If you are going to make bubble hash out of it go from freezer to ice and water and use filter bags.