Preparing the harvest, drying/curing the crop, & adding flavors.

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by jcj77d, Jul 8, 2008.

1. not trying to start an arguement or anything.. but if you grow your weed properly why would you want it to taste like anything other than dank weed?

2. Here, here! If you want lemon flavored bud try GHS's Lemon Skunk.

3. idk, ive tryed it once, w/ strawberry flavoring, just b/c. but vthere are ppl out there that like their weed to tasate like other stuff

4. i hear ya man.. like i said not arguing, to each his own.

i just know i'd be pissed if my sour diesel came out tasting of mangoes and not diesel lol.

5. i hear ya, i did the flavoring on some AAA, so it didnt matter much on the results. imho i think ppl flavor bad weed to sell it as better weed, idk, but ive had quite a few ppl ask me about if/how to flavor weed, so i suspect thats what they are doing, flavoring bad/beasters & selling it for much more

6. With great genetics and stable growing knowlage and equiptment your buds should ROCK,bag seed grown poorly is jusy a travisty of its own.Really dont take much to get great buds if you do the work.

7. U have a ? about the vanilla extract, i pretty sure it contains some alchhol, is that bad for the plant or will it do just fine with the alchhol in it

8. #28 jcj77d, Aug 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2008

if u use it as close to harvest as possible, the alchol will eaporate just like the water does during drying, & shouldnt effect the plant

9. thanks man preciate it

10. So is it Drying & Curing or Drying OR Curing? Are they done sequentially or is it one method or another?

11. its drying, then curing. in that order & done 1 @ a time.

12. I just harvested my plants and all my big branches are hanging and im following instrustions for those on here but i also had alot of bud that i couldnt hang that are just manicured and fillin up ziplock bags what should i do with thos they are also very wet??

13. DO NOT KEEP FRESH GREEN WEED IN BAGS. If you don't already have mold on them you will very soon. They need to be hung or laid out on a screen to dry ASAP.

14. aiight i nedd someones halp the day i pulled my plants it was raining and the buds were pretty wet but the ones that arent on branches now that ive been trying to dry out seem like they are 100x more wet then b4 they have like a foul odor and are soken wet im not sure what to do can anyone help?

15. Just hang them and let them dry. Put a fan near them to blow fresh air over them and the'll dry out. Check for mold and immediately throw away any buds you find with mold on them, if any.

16. like i prolly sound like an idiot but will i kno the mold whenn i see it like the bud got very dark and sopping wet and a different odor ndoes that mean its molded or just soaked lol

17. i don't think i would want to smoke anything you put on your plant the only flavoring you should be doing is feeding your plants what they need to be sweet and smelly

18. the mold will look like mold that grows on food, fuzzy white/grey sometimes black

19. It's amazing posts like this that have me sitting here for hours, just reading about the wonderful ways of Mary J.
    :D

20. I've had bud that smelled disgustingly like Pine Sol. They were super dank and I assume it was just a strong smelling strain, so I have no complaints. But could it have been possibly flushed with some pine sol? Or would that shit kill the plants before affecting the flavor?