Preparing soil???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Retina420, Apr 8, 2011.

1. I'm growing outside and I want to know how to prepare the soil. Should I put potting soil on the regular ground and mix it? Give me some tips please.

2. well first you have to mix it. youre going to want a soil base and different types of additives for nutrients. then you mix it according to what additives youre using usually in a kiddie pool or a tarp. then you dig a hole and shovel the soil in.

3. #3 Cannabliss88, Apr 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2011
    I've has some success with just putting them directly in the ground (in a clearing in the woods) after mixing a handful of organic plant food in the spot first. Didn't even use a shovel just my hands.

It all depends see it would look suspicious if I walked into the woods with a shovel and a kiddie pool and tarp but thats just my scenario

My philosophy is to keep the ground looking natural like theres just any old plants growing in the clearing. You could walk right by and you wouldn't even notice, let alone realize that it is being cultivated if you did see it

Good luck:wave:

4. Just to clarify I meant that I put healthy seedlings directly in the ground not seeds. If you wanna put the seeds right in the ground the soil must be extremely light and aerated.

It just makes more sense in my situation to start the seedlings in starter soil indoors first then put them directly into untouched (or lightly tended) earth so it looks more like plants growing wild in the woods than some kind of official garden.

5. getting that stuff in the woods isnt too hard, just go at night. or do it at home and bring back the premixed soil. I strongly suggest mixing your own, that way you can control what nutrients your plants are taking up and how much. The way i see it, the more you put in, the more you get out.

6. So wat should be put into the ground wit the soil!???