Preparing my grow, I have a few questions regarding finances.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DaDankSkunk, Jul 23, 2011.

1. How much does it cost you guys to grow and what kind of systems do you run?

I got this 99 dollar kit off Ebay just for the heck of it, It has 12 3.25" net pots and it is a ebb and flow. It came with a pump and timer as well. Then there are two plastic containers for it, kind of like PVC tubes, but they're square and 3 ft long 4" wide. Now Yesterday I bought a 22 gallon reservoir, a table and power strip and today I got nutrients at the hydro store. Tomorrow my 90W UFO from ebay is arriving, I'm hoping it'll do good. My grow space is 30"x32", not very large. I'll have some pics later.

At the hydro store I spent about 200 just on a bunch of bottles.
    I got some cloning powder and cloning solution, some kind of powder to make the roots bigger, 3 basic nutrients, as well as a couple of other bottles I was recommended to use. This as well as a cloning box, some more rockwool, and a free leftover bag of some Clay/coco medium.

The nutrients went for about 11-15 dollars each, and the other stuff went from 20-35 each, but they seem like they'll last for a few months. What do you think of these prices and my grow budget all together?

All together, about 490 dollars went in for everything I've got. I just want to compare the prices and all, then I'll compare the plants when I get to it.

2. I spent around 1500 and am looking at pulling in at least a qp off my first harvest.
    Majority of cost goes into seeds, fans and light fixtures. I have a 400w hps and 350w of cfl in a veg box. But I have enough space to manage.

3. 4 ounces for $1500? You got shafted, fool. I'm hoping to get a half pound and my set up is looking like it'll be $150 all up.

4. You get what you put in. Focus your resources on lights, ventilation, soil, and nutes. While your plants are vegging, build your flower box. I spent well over $1k on my setup, I cut corners and DIY whatever I can, but certain things shouldn't be skimped out on... Focus your resources on lights, ventilation, dirt, and nutes. Buy the best.

LMAO stop trolling. Your trailer isn't even big enough to grow a half pound.

5. My estimate is probably low on how much ill be pulling in, but as for spending 150 and growing a hp, id like to see that journal. My estimate includes one previously failed attempt, as well. I'm sure you could do it a lot cheaper, just not that cheap. Also, you're a prick.

6. #6 WaffenGrow, Jul 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2011
    For my grow I would spend:
    $150 for 250w HPS air cooled inc ship
    4x $20 42w CFLs from walmart
    2x $7.50 FL Tube from walmart
    6x $10.99 computer fans from Radio Shack/ Best Buy
    Couple more bucks for some ducting and a rack from home depot
    Seeds, buckets/growing mediums/soil, nutes I already have, but the seeds were free, nutes no more than 20 bucks.
    Everyone should have power strips.

so somewhere around 300 dollars in total. But that would be if I were to do such a thing.

*Edit* And it would be for one to two plants, and then I would expect to have near half pound