Preparing Hotknives

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Deathbubba, Apr 24, 2013.

1. #1 Deathbubba, Apr 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2013
    Does anyone know how to prepare hotknives and by that i dont mean how to hit weed/budder/hash/etc. with hotknives.

I have heard that there is a certain way you are supposed to prepare hotknives to take off a slippery coating on the knife(something along the lines of heating the blade on a torch for 24 hours).

Ive heard that when that rainbow coloured aura shows up on the knife after heating is harmful(which i noticed it having a metal taste when i hit budder from hotknives just yesterday) and isnt the way you are supposed to hotknife.

The fully prepared butter knife is supposed to have a nonslippery almost iron like feeling.

This helps a lot with hitting budder as it doesnt slip off the knife and only have to use one knife and a pin instead of 2 knives.

2. Most silverware is plated with something, be it nickle or silver. With that said the rainbow effect is just what happens when you heat metal, you could obviously torch the shit out of the blade and it will eventually burn off any plating, you could also try sanding it down with a sander or emery cloth. Personally I don't care.

3. OP it's as simple as getting two butter knives, stick them in between the heating element of an electric stove, turn the stove top to high, wait a few minutes.

Some of you stoners over think the whole process. (BTW Torch a fucking knife for 24 hours?! That's just crazy talk)

4. hahahaha ^