Prepared but not sure.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by fatcat, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Alright, heres the thing, I'm about to start a nice little grow deep into the bush with a way in that is secure, meaning no one else will use it. I've got some soil which I will be lugging in there, now, I've made a clearing, cut down trees to make a good sunny spot. \

I was thinking, do I just mix up the dirt with the soil? Then plant? I am growing from seeds, I've got about 20 so I'm hoping atleast 2 or 3 will work. Also, I was thinking of making a little compost pile for next year, I am not very familiar with compost but I think you can use it as fertilizer, what would be the best way in using it though?

One more thing, when watering, if I just placed a large container of water near the site, would that be good enough? Or does it have to be fresh water, because I'm sure this water will heat up or some shit, so yeah.

I just want some pointers in the right direction.

Thanks

2. You need to learn about balancing your waters ph, normal water is not good if your hoping
    for a good yield and fresh plants. Also, you need to learn about what nutes you should be
    using for your plant. ALSO, you need to germinate your seeds before anything or they simply
    will not work. Read some of the Stickys, they should help.

3. I thought you didn't need to germinate them? I thought there was 2 ways, to germinate them and place them in a starter box at home, or just stick em in the ground. They're seeds, they've been growing without help for years, I don't see why you would NEED to germinate them. They will germinate in the ground...

4. They will germinate in the ground, its just safer to germinate at a house in my opinion because everything is in a controlled environment and theyre are no other variables to account for.

5. Last Year wa my first time trying to grow in a "Foresty" and Wildlife area.....My Seedlings were literally eaten by birds in 4 hours......YOU REALLY SHOULD START THEM OR ATLEAST COVER THEM TO AVOID THIS.......

Water for me has never been a Problem Except living in L.A......If you are using Water from a city source...ect..ect...it has alot of CHLORINE in it.....I usually filled my water containers 3 days before watering and let them "Marinate"...I never had a problem.....

6. Alright thanks, and how about transporting the seedlings after germinating? How delicate are they? Could they withstand coming with me on a bike, and then trenching through the bush? Anything specific I could keep them in? Or are they alright to move around?