Prepare for Internet Blackouts

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by FindingTim, Jul 23, 2012.

1. I heard german hackers were preparing for this by sending a satellite into space. I just read an article on it a few months back. Whether it is real or not is beyond me, but I think it would be cool if it were true.

I have seen this coming for many years. But there will always be a way around just like P2P.

2. Imagine If they took our internet and gave us a bullshit reason?

Would this be the straw that breaks the camels back?

3. I can write a word document too.

4. Is it as pretty as OP's?

5. it would be if I wrote it. But I guess since this one exists and mine doesn't we should heed this warning :p

6. I don't have access to media or popular blogs. I'm just a guy who cares.
    A word document and internet forums is the best I've got.
    What have you done to combat evil?

7. I smile at strangers

8. a smile goes a long way. that is certainly a way to combat evil.

9. I fondle strangers' genitals.

10. I only do that if they smile back :/

11. [quote name='"dank spanko"']Imagine If they took our internet and gave us a bullshit reason?

Would this be the straw that breaks the camels back?[/quote]

Well yea cause that's how we got the word out of bs politicians and the truth of marijuana ..........and videos of cops being assholes ........

12. in a lot of ways, the internet is one of the few things holding us together. if our main line of communication gets cut, it's a major, major blow. and I fully expect it to happen in the near future.

13. Eh it could, and it could not. Most likely, probably not. I don't see any sense in worrying about these things though man.

14. i don't know but my internets been slow as hell since yesterday

15. [quote name='"SuperSkunk64"']i don't know but my internets been slow as hell since yesterday[/quote]

It probably has something to do with your isp. About a week ago my internet was slow as fuck for 3 days so we called at&t and they told us they were doing some sort of maintenance.

16. They normally smile enough to keep me there so I can be arrested.

17. Attacking the internet is one of the things that gets the most shit. Remember when ACTA and SOPA and all that shit was going around? Facebook, Twitter, and even wikipedia was saying how to combat it. If the internet was taken away then all hell would break loose. Why? Because nobody would have anything better to do...

18. Oh god no more internet. What a horrible and forsaken thing to do.

Honestly i bet it would get alot more people outside

19. true that! it would be great in a lot of ways.
    but it also would abolish the strongest form of communication. It will be the knockout blow against what's left of this "democracy"