pregnant protester beaten and pepersprayed, has miscarage

Discussion in 'General' started by Number1Indica, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Blaming the victim= lame no matter the context. It is not the woman's fault someone else assaulted her no matter how dumb you think she was for going. Any one of us should be able to attend a peaceful protest with the expectation we will not be assaulted by the police. Period. The police have been the documented aggressors in the vast majority of the recent protests. Had they not been present it's quite possible there would have been no violence, but we won't know because the "peace keepers" are too busy treating protestors as violent preemptively.

I've got friends and family who are cops. None of them agree with how any of this is being handled. Many current and former officers are bringing these incidents up as examples of how police forces need to change tactics and adapt. It's unfortunate that the powers that be seem to be incapable of anything other than "der...crowds!!! Must be trouble let's get'm!!!"

2. I'm sure when she was yelling she was pregnant, she wasn't fighting the cops, so the only way they could cause a miscarriage is with intentional excessive force.

3. Buffalo, I should mention I'm supporting the fact that they are protesting, not as much for the reason. We haven't had such mass protests like this in a long while

4. The reason is actually a good one as well if you've taken the time to read up on it.
    Some of the articles by the actual protesters are sad, and it's sad that our country lets it happen.

5. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esyHl3EJF7Q]Occupy Denver: Protester Pushes Police Motorcycle Over, Tackled & Beat by Cops (Camera #1) - YouTube[/ame]

Just off the top of my head.

"tiny bit of liberty" :rolleyes:

You take your liberty for granted. You think you have a "tiny bit" of liberty? Try living in China or North Korea.