Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pregnant and husband smokes

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Cass_smokes, May 3, 2016.

1. Okay so I'm 7 months pregnant and used to be an everyday smoker. I quit as soon as I found out I was pregnant because I get drug tested at every appointment every 4 weeks. Now that I'm in my third trimester it's every 2 weeks. My husband smokes everyday around me. He doesn't blow it in my face or anything but I'll be in the same room as it. Can that cause me to fail a drug test or am I just being a paranoid pregnant woman? I cannot fail or I will get my son taken away from me. Someone make me feel better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Considering your circumstance and that failing a drug test can result in "having your son taken away" then why are you around 2nd hand smoke at all?

Why is he smoking around his wife? Presumably the mother of his child, and under these legal circumstances?

This oozes carelessness and irresponsibility.

3. Tell him to go the fuck outside

4. Unless he wants CPS all up in your guys' shit

5. We live in an apartment. He only does it around me if I'm in the shower he will sit in the bathroom and do it. Other than that he goes into the bathroom and shuts the door with the fan on. I asked him to quit smoking until I'm done being pregnant but that didn't work very well. I was an everyday smoker for the last 2 years and I quit with no problems.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. He should be vaping.

Smoking anything around you after you have told him not to is pure douchebaggery. Take that as you will.

7. Terrible parenting...i will pray for your child ...ima dir hard stoner but i won't smoke in front on a pregnant woman..or even the same room ..2nd hand smoke is just as dangerous as actually smoking..tell him to grow tf up other wise poor parenting and gl with cps

8. Are you sure it's a drug test? Urine samples don't necessarily equate to a drug test.
    :smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  9. stateside or abroad?

10. Hm, that is weird is there a reason you are being drug tested during your pregnancy? My girlfriend and I have discussed this when we decide to have kids since she can't smoke (and smokes as much as I do) I will only be smoking when she isn't around or eating edibles. I would ask your husband to politely smoke outside or in a different room then you if you are worried and he should be understanding since it has to do with his child.

• Like Like x 1
  11. look how helpfull this lil ex-con thinks he being
    take yo judgments to hell wid ya mofukka! :mad:

• Like Like x 2
  12. If it's court ordered or cps is involved I would be very careful about letting him use around you. The doctor will take regular urine samples from you during pregnancy and can't test for drugs unless they have cause or court order. They are looking for blood signs of something wrong with you or the fetus.
    Marijuana by second hand should not be detectable in urine unless you are shotgunning because that's not the same thing as it being smoked in the room.
    If you are really that worried, lots of water, and stay active. I know that can be hard but this,would be your best bet considering the pregnancy.
    My experience: father of three children under 5 years old. I've done this rodeo sober and actively smoking.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  13. No worries. You can't become positive for THC by being around someone else smoking it. It just doesn't happen. TWW

• Like Like x 2
  14. the army certainly thought so... ;)