Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by PnP420, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Well I just found out I'm gonna be a dad but if my girl stops smoking for 9 months will it be like her first time smoking again?

2. She will get really high but the first time smoking you don't know what to expect, that's why it's so intense.

3. Yes.

And for the love of FUCK!

Please dont let her smoke

I guarantee someone will come in here saying its ok to do it

But just think of it this way.

Would you give your infant a joint the second its delivered?

What? You wouldnt?

And no fucking moron that comes to this thread that says its ok to smoke while pregnant will either.

So, I say thank you to you, for supporting her not smoking.

4. I agree with kliff, don't ever let her smoke or drink while she is pregnant.
    I mean its just unfair on the fucking baby.
    Oh and congrats :smoke:

5. Congrats :smoke: I'm an 18 year old dad, it's not easy at all. So don't take her, or your baby for granted like I did.

6. thank you thank you thank you....agree 100%. It's a psychedelic, and a forming fetus CAN be affected by the mother's usage....

7. It sounds dangerous to smoke while pregnant.. But can anybody link to a study confirming it? I've heard numerous times that studies have shown it as relatively safe.. Plus I know plenty of mothers who smoked weed only while pregnant and thankfully had no issues because of it.

Just asking though. Not saying you should smoke while pregnant. Congratulations on the soon to be father status too

8. No study done on marijuana has a scientific basis or merit.

For a study to matter, you need THOUSANDS OF PARTICIPANTS!

THOUSANDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most studies are preformed on small group of 100 or less.

And you will never find a comprehensive follow up of all those children being born to the age of 15

Making note of there cognitive development, physical development.

So there are no marijuana studies on fetal development that should be used to provide a parent with information as to whether or not they should smoke.

And just remember.

All you need to do is answer this question.

You have a bottle in one hand and a joint in the other.

If your baby reached for the joint.

What would you do?

9. Ask him if he's got some to match with? I can't be smoking my shit with babies >.>

But that makes sense though about there being lack of scientific evidence. Like I said earlier, it obviously sounds like a bad idea. Certainly not worth the risk

10. I heard smoking marijuana while pregnant has little to no side effects at all, but I still wouldn't risk it.

11. Come back when you've improved your comedy. That was, as the kids say, a FAIL.

12. Some say that smoking only weed will not affect the fetus but like many said dont risk it. By smoking weed I can garanty you that there is less oxygen going into your body and less oxygen can hinder the development of the fetus. And you dont want your baby to have withdrawal symptom when he comes out. I have worked on a maternity ward at a hospital, dont risk it...

13. crossed the line there bro

14. I've never seen stairs that look like that before o_O

15. forgot.... if your women really wants to smoke after the pregnancy, know that whatever your women metabolize could end up in the breastmilk.

anyways you should know what to do, you are a dad now... congrats and good luck

16. Congrats bro and no shell just get really high

17. Yeah if anything I would tell her to smoke during the first trimester (no brain development) and then after the baby comes to stock up on that titty juice in the fridge/freezer so that she can smoke/drink at will.

good luck bro my girl just had a pregnancy scare and knowing she's not is the best feeling in the fucking world.

18. my mom drank the first month (i was an accident) she was pregnant with me and I turned out relatively fine...maybe thats the reason I like alcohol so much. Yeah but all the people arguing there are studies that show its really not that bad..WHY THE HELL RISK IT! theres human life on the line, and really 9 months wont hurt her anyways. Keep her sober man, its worth it!