Pregnancy.

Discussion in 'General' started by JuicyGoose, May 2, 2009.

1. What exactly are the negative effects of marijuana on a fetus? Are they worse than if the mother had been smoking cigarettes?

I've heard it's definitely better than smoking cigs and if you're using a vaporizer it doesn't really do anything to the fetus. I, also, heard it's safer to use than a medicine to help with morning sickness.

Just looking to see what everyone may know on the subject.

2. I believe what hurts the fetus is lack of oxygen, from what Ive read. I also have read that smoking a bit of pot promotes growth in the fetus, but if youre baked out of your mind, your baby also is.

Just had to read up myself a week or so ago, got a baby on the way :)

3. Well, I'm not pregnant now, but one day this information might prove to be useful.

And congrats on creating life!!!

4. Uh oh, its this subject again:bolt:

5. #5 Ringo11, May 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2009
    When my friends girl was pregnant she was a cokehead (well she quit when she got pregnant) and her doctor told her that smoking weed isn't really all that bad for the baby when your pregnant, it's doing other shit that'll really fuck your baby up, like having it develop with it's heart on the outside of it's body n shit ha

It turned out in the end that my friends girl was actually pregnant with some other dudes kid. His mom was like "I don't trust that fucking whore, you guys are going to get a paternity test" and as it turned out he was NOT the father. The kids dad was actually this other dude who he caught her cheating with and supposedly the whole "affair" had ended about 6 months before she got pregnant, but apparently not. Boy was she upset when he broke it off with her for being a whore with a bastard child. That's what you get for fuckin without a rubbadubdub with someone who isn't even your boyfriend. Man girls are such whores, my 88 year old grandfather told me that last year. I had a girlfriend get knocked up by another dude before but she got an abortion and she had the nerve to tell me that I was fucked up n dumped me.

Sorry, didn't mean to get off topic.

6. It's not a great idea.

If you do it, vaporize, and in moderation, and I can't see it really hurting anything.

But it can't be a good idea to have a fetus blazed all the time, if you expect them to turn out as anything but douchebags :p

7. I know cannabis has been used for ever by midwives to treat pregnancies.

I wouldn't do it in fear for what it does to the developing brain.

8. What's a few months sober compared to a lifetime with a healthy child?
    Not saying it isn't good to smoke pot pregnant, but 9 months is such a short time, why would you want to take the risk? :)

9. I've been told it doesn't harm the child, but I'd still keep it to a vaporizer, or edibles.
    All in moderation.

10. Definitely not edibles, when you cook bud it changes it from what I've read (in terms of how its metabolized in the body). Just don't smoke for 9 months, afterall you are giving birth to a child. If anything happens to it you would hate yourself so why risk it.

11. dont risk it i would rather have a healthy child, than be high a few times for 9 months. Plus you can save money for help with the baby

12. ^^Sounds logical to me

good training to so you won't have the munchies and eat up all your babies cereal :D

13. Pregnant woman should definitely abstain during pregnancy, but to be realistic, on the list of things that are harmful during pregnancy, marijuana would be pretty low on the list. Probably somewhere between tums and caffeine. It would really depend on frequency of usage. Using it once at 9 weeks is unlikely to have any affect on the fetus, but using it every day for 9 months, might.

And in some cases the benefits might out weigh the risk, such as a woman with extreme nausea.

14. I'd play it safe and abstain. I heard some nurses and doctors say smoking every now and then to battle morning sickness is okay.

15. my mom smoked when she was pregnant with me.
    nothing wrong with my brain. my heart's inside my body.
    but i have adhd which i think is the only long-term effect.
    i've seen like 3 different girls that smoked when they were
    pregnant and their kids are actually really smart.
    but if you do stop like 2 months before you have it.
    some hospitals will drug test you
    personally i would definently cut down but i prolly wouldnt stop.

16. I wasn't talking about blazin the kid up. I was just talking about moodswings, morning sickness and appetite.

I'd rather smoke some pot then pop some man made pills into my body. Think about which is better?

I have chronic pain and I'm bipolar. I can't just stop taking all my meds and stop smoking pot. Fuck that. I'd rather keep my mind for 9 months.

I don't know, i guess to each his own, but i was mostly asking for evidence of anything wrong developing with a child whose mother only ever took prenatal vitamins and smoked pot.
    Or people who've had stories. Not people who automatically assumed i was going to try to shoot for down syndrome in my kids.

I'm not trying to get a controversy going, just asking for some helpful hints to future or expecting mothers.

17. not that i can pretend to be in your shoes, but i think it would be better to just deal with 9 months sober and have a healthy child for a lifetime than risk it

18. Yeah.. I would guess that it isn't bad as long as it's eaten or vaped, but honestly why risk it? Go watch idiocracy, I bet you won't get high while pregnant after that lol