preflowering

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by iMedic8, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Okay, So I have a couple of plants that like 2 weeks ago were showing what I know to be preflowers. Little white things from the upper nodes. But now they are all developing a lot of white hairs. They have little tops on them and I can see a lot of those little tear drop looking green things building all over the top of the plant and towards the nodes of the plant. This is bag seed and I'm still trying to figure out if this is an autoflower yet. I have never grown before this year so I don't know what it looks like for a plant to preflower or actually begin to flower and produce buds. All the "preflowering" pictures of Cannabis on google is just a pic of 2 white hairs coming out of a lower node, my plant has a bunch of those white hairs all over the place and specially on the top. I'm just a noob really confused. I'll drop a link to my other post that has the pics of the plant I'm talking about. Shitty picture quality, but you can at least see what I'm tlaking about.

+rep thanks alot.

http://forum.grasscity.com/outdoor-growing/624660-flower-veg.html

2. bump... Please help me out. :(

3. sounds like they r flowering to me..if so u will see the top cola start to form and get bigger near the top while the ones toward the bottom develop slower and smaller

4. thats exactly what's happening. So do you think if it has gotten exactly 7 days now of 7hrs/day sunlight and it's still flowering and doesn't look at all like it wants to reveg would it be safe to say I didn't make a mistake by putting in some bloom booster yesterday?

5. Bump.

Anyone that can describe further in detail what happens during very early bud devolopment? The thing is going crazy, but I don't see actual buds on it yet.

6. 7 hours a day of sunlight will put your plant into flowering. Bloom booster has nothing to do with it, and well, since its flowering now it's good that you are using flowering nutes.

7. i meant direct sunlight. It's only a week after the equinox. Still getting lots of sun during the day.

8. If your growing this outdoors mother nature will take her course and start flowering as daylight gets shorter.