preflowering silver haze. need help!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by tokr 420, Oct 16, 2010.

1. i was wondering if ayone had any suggestions on how long i should keep my lights on for. i have 2 silver haze preflowering for about 4 weeks. i moved them inside about 2 weeks ago and they havent grown in height much sence i brought them in but the budding looks nice. one is about 6 in. tall and the other is about 8 in tall. i am useing a fluorescent light 18 watts cool white. does anyone know what i should do?

2. i can put pics up if needed. im just wondering if i am stunting the growth in anyway and should i move the lights to 12/12 to budd already or is it to soo and i need to be more patient? p.s. this is my first grow

3. the plant stops growing after about 2 weeks into flowering, and focuses it's growth on the buds, and only 18watt Floros? bro, move it back outside.

4. you need 12/12 to start flowering anyway.
    and please, put pitcures up.

5. i know i shoud move them outside but i cant i live in a trailerpark. and my friend is giveing me another type of light to day that produces vitamins, and i can tell you what that one is when i get it. im just use ing that light right now cuz it was the first one i found. i have 2 6 foot florescent casings with 2 25 wattz. if i use one of the 6 foot ones and the light my friends giving me will that help?
    are the plants going to produce much nug if they are only at 8 inch tall?

6. ill put pics up in an hour or so so please check back. they look healthy to me.

7. ... Light doesnt produce vitamins bro, it produces Light spectrum's that the plant absorbs and then metabolizes it during photosynthesis through the leaves. and 8inches? maybe a few grams, with what you're using, you'll be lucky if it even makes it, sorry to sound blue about it. get a HPS(High pessure Sodium) Lamp (around $100-$200 depending on the wattage, for two plants, you'd need a minimum of 150watts) or even a MH Light and Ballast, and no, you cant just screw them into a light socket before you go to Homedepot and buy one...

8. yea i wish i could get a hps but thier expansive. i got no budget. and yea the whole light vitamin didnt sound to right but ill find out what kinda light it is and then you can tell me about it. the two plants look good but i was wondering if they were going to make it 2. but ill put pics and well see then

9. alright.

10. here they are

Attached Files:

11. they look pretty good, they look like they've already got their flowering top,
    if you give them enough light, you'll probably get a solid cola, maybe an 1/8th or so. at max,

12. i dont quite know what a cola is, but you think an 1/8 per plant? and should i keep them on 14 on 10 off or 12/12?

13. 12/12, only way to get them into full flowering the plant will gain a larger cap of flowers, then fill in between every leaf branch and stem, a Cola is basicly a large cluster of flower clusters.

and i jsut looked at them again, you might get 2G's MAX per flower, if you had a HPS that is, so i dont really know what you might get.

14. Lol wow that is definantly gonna die soon, shouldnt have picked off all its leaves dumba

15. alright thanks for the advice ill move them to 12/12. and ill keep you updated so you can see how much they produce if you would like?

16. well i didnt do it on purpose i had them outside in my garden and they were surrounded by to much growth by the other plants so the leafs would yellow and die at the base so i trimed them when they yellowed.

17. man go down to a local hydro store and get a cheap 50 dollar 125w cfl with cheap reflector and if your are flowering use hps and always 12/12 while flowering

18. alright i will when i get the money. but how much will a cheap hsp coast?

19. can you tell by chance if you will now when they might be ready to harvest?

20. uhhhh, depends on the type of lighting and how much nutrients they get.

usually 8weeks of flowering is the average flowering time, but look at the trichomes with a Magnifyer, and when they're Half Caramel and half Cream colored, that's generally harvest.