Preflowering - help me!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Fox, Oct 7, 2002.

1. My small indoor plants (3 x 1 1/2') have been showing preflowers for about a week. Is is time to cut back to 12/12 because of this or can I keep on vegging (at 18/6)?

2. You can leave them in vegitative if you want a higher yeild. If your in a hurry for that sweet bud then flower the bitch! :) If you keep vegitating them and toping them though you will get more buds out of your plant.

3. Its best to just switch it dont slowly go down it dont need it and it might stress the plant. Try to keep the plant on as even time schedules as possible or you could have problems

4. Ave.

You say that your plants are 1 1/2' tall, if you dont want 7 foot plants, flower now as they will grow alot during flowering. It isnt neccesary to gradually turn back the light hours till you reach 12/12, I havent heard of any advantages to this, although youd be simulating nature much better I suppose. I didnt, and mine is doing well, so Id just cut back and not worry about it. also are you planning to use a hps for flowering, what lights asre you using now?

Take care.
    Ave.

ps

Make absulotely certian that your dark period is just that; dark, real dark. no light leaks, that means no midnight peaks at them, otherwise they may go hermie on ya.
    later.

5. Thanks for the advice. This is my first grow and I can't justify buying a HPS until I get a little experience. I'm using 55w of fluoro lighting per sq.ft. and I also give the plants about 3-5 hours of bright aussie sunlight whenever possible (4 days a week average).
    How much taller do you think they'll get before they're finished?

6. Thanks