Preflowering has stopped veg growth

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by stikyWeedFinger, Aug 18, 2011.

1. I have had her under 24/0 from seed and a week or two ago prefllowers started to show everywhere and it seems to have Stoped the Veg cycle. She hast gotten any bigger sence the preflowers showed up. I dont want to flower her right not but dont know cause I have the space ant time to let her get stupid big. I was thinking of just giving her some extra N and hope that makes her want to grow branches again

2. your plant has reached sexual maturity, usually people dont notice the stop in vegetative growth because the plant is trying to flower (even under 24/0 light). my suggestion to you would be go in there and do some topping and or pruning.. this will cause a small amount of stress which will send the plant back into vegetative growth to heal itself.

3. should I cut off the pre flwr tips...

4. do me a favor and take pictures... there should be some sort of veg growth around the preflowers.. with a picture i can see exactly how far into flowering you are and can give you better advice as far as what to do.

5. I havent started flowering yet...24/0 light and veg nutes is all it gets. I know she is mature enough but I dont see why I cant keep this bitch vegging and new branches growing

Attached Files:

6. because the plant is flowering anyways.. those are preflowers, those are full blown flowers. you have to remember that cannabis is a perrineal plant, it only has 1 purpose, reproduce and die.. its trying to do that no matter how much light it gets..

7. You can. Pre flowers does not stop the veg or any other growth.

My host plant has had pre flowers for better than 2 years and has not stopped growing. If I don't take cuts, I still have to trim it back. 18/6 schedule.

You need to look elsewhere for the lack of growth. Could it be rootbound?

Wet

8. yo wet dog I thought so so I did some root trimming.....only a little because I didnt want to shock her too much but I guess its time for round two

9. Does anyone else have an idea to whats going on?

10. root trimming? that is hilarious !!! lol get a bigger pot man, dont trim roots

11. What strain? How big is it? Could it be max'd out. It should double in size in flowering.

12. its a f1 hybrid. it came from crossing kona gold and GDP. its aonly about 12 in. I never thought about it being maxed out because this is the first time with this strain. and fuck a bigger pot almost a 5 gal bucket. Im trimming roots.....I've done it before with great results. I have seen a difference in size only a few inches after the root trim. I just want to be able to top it a few more times before I surrender and flower!

13. your plant is in full blown flower, those are not preflowers in the pictures. If your plant is doing this under 24 hr lighting it must have some autoflower strain in it. Cutting the flowering tips off will not make it veg again, it might make it hermie though.

14. yeah everyone else is right, shes flowering. thinking along the lines of Highly..might have some auto in her? how old is she from seed or clone???

15. Yea dude imma have to agree with highlyresinous there must be some autoflowering in that strain somewhere.

I only use 3.5gal pots and my plants shoot to 2 feet tall before i can manage to get it into flowering and maxes at like 4 foot.

If you are using a 5 gal bucket and it stopped at 12 inches chopping roots and stuff isn't the answer, the roots have plenty of space thats not the issue here. It must be the strain in my opinion.

Good luck, If I was you I would just flip it over into flowering and get some diff strains ready for the next go around.

16. Cannabis is an annual, not a perennial. This one looks like it has some auto in it because those are not pre flowers. It's flowering. Pre flowers are tiny and usually solo flowers at the nodes.

OP: put it into full flower now or risk having a really crappy yield.

17. damn the GDP I started the strain with has always had bigas preflowers...I thought there may be some auto in her. The mother plant of the seed was doing it to, Im done with this crap. Im gonna throw her in the flowering room when I get home today. thank you everyone!