Predicting the Future... Your Assumptions?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by poi_boi, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Look back to when alcohol was illegal. Think about what it could have been like for people back then. Alcohol may have been prohibited by the government, however alcohol was a big industry in the black market. Behind the govevrnments back, the alcohol industry was booming. Gangs had control over the liquor trade because it was still dangerous and taboo to be involved with distributing alcohol. People had a desire to consume alcohol and through the black market it arose to become very popular... Eventually, it was legalized.

I feel that modern day today is quite similar to the alcohol prohibition era except with marijuana. Today, gangs still have big control over the marijuana industry and it is taboo to associate with it because of the illegality behind pot. To make a long story short, I feel like marijuana is following the same steps that alcohol had gone through.

My question is....

What are your assumptions and predictions for marijuana after it is legal? What will it be like? Will there be a new multi billion dollar industry created once it is legal? Will there be tons of new marijuana stores similar to liquor stores? How big do you think it will get? Will it get big at all? Will there be a huge stoner exodus to the state that first fully legalizes pot? We all know that over time pot will be fully legal. It just makes sense that it will be. After it is, What do you think it will be like?

2. it will probably be treated like alchahol, government will tax on it, private industries will grow crops. people will be happy. no more wasting money on putting stoners/dealers in jail. a huge increase in economy considering everyone and theire grandmothers has smoked the ganja. that being said im just rambling. could be different. ya smell me?

3. It will never become legal. It will be treated like a medicine and no one will have acess to it besides medical patients.

I think they wont legalize it for recreational use because it is also a medicine.

4. #4 led.zeppelin.fa, Dec 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2009
    my friend predicts keith richards is to die this week!

err predictions regarding marijuana:

well one day its gonna end up being smeared by shitty cringe inducing audience targeting (oops too late)

taxed (nearly is now, Middle man tax, etc)

over hyped strain snobbery bullshit (too late)

Price won't go down if its legal IMO (no need to go out of your way to prove me wrong)

5. what about the industry that will be behind it?

Obviously more and more states will legalize over the next decade or so. The acceptanace of pot will grow exponentially. Will there be a real chance to make a career solely based around marijuana?