Predict when we will find life in space

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by 2packush420, Mar 3, 2013.

1. I dont have much else, it was a special on tv i caught late night. Im sure if u could look it up if u tried. I believe they used special lenses(think the called them filters). It was pretty cool actually(probably y i stayed up for an extra 2 hours that night) they used research gathered over years of observing the earth with a smaller version of the telescope. What they found was that life(including plants and stuff) has sort of like a byproduct that can be seen from the surface of a planets atmosphere. The same byproduct missing from the planets we know contain no life... It goes on and on and on and on...

2. Damn u!!!!! Now i have to look those up or ill go crazy lol :smoke:

3. Woah. Did youv know theres some guy in Califonia that will give you 1 million $ for being psychic?

4. i bet by 2050 we will have discovered some form of ET. Probably not intelligent but hey its a start.

Maybe were the most advance civilization and the Aliens havent caught up with our tech yet. Hell they could still be in the dark ages.

5. It's also possible we are the first life. Like life of any kind first forms on earth and eventually it will happen else where

6. Released vs. leaked. There's a difference.

And yes, common sense would dictate that when NASA policies were drafted 50+ years ago in a bible "belt" much larger than today, they would clearly state that if they ever ran across something that would completely annihilate man's concept of religion and a sky daddy creator, they would not tell anyone. :rolleyes:

7. #47 aPersonUponaHill, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
    Why would you think that just because there is other life that God does not exist? There is other life besides us on Earth. That is a foolish assumption; also intelligent ETs would have no reason to interact with us, and if they did we should be greatly concerned because it would likely be to annihilate us, or to enslave us (we see what happens when a more advanced civilization encounters another in European exploration and colonization). However, being so advanced it is unlikely they would have any need for us, and instead just want Earth's resources (water, gold, silver, aluminum, titanium, and so on).

But still they could get it elsewhere in the universe without the expense of war. But they have so many reasons to avoid contact with us, why expose themselves and us to each others "germs" (such an event could wipe out both civilizations, or close to it), we have nothing to offer them technologically or in terms of scientific knowledge (obvious if they can travel across vast distances of space and time by manipulating space and time, which is the only reasonable way). Lastly, we are brutes who cant even overcome our own barbarism and thus stop killing each other. Even if we are looking in the right places, a civilization more advanced than ours could easily hide their existence from us, or have technology so advanced that we cannot detect it with our technology. I think ETs know we are here and have chosen to avoid us, and our attempts to find them.

Oh and we have picked up a strange signal from space before when we had a satellite pointed at a certain planet/region of space, in the 70s or 90s, I forget. But it has never repeated in all our attempts to seek it out again. We have no idea what caused it.

8. I've recently been reading that Armstrong claims to have seen ufos on the moon. Does anyone know if this is true?

9. I highly doubt that... haha

10. Why? There are hundreds of thousands if not millions of eye witness accounts of ufos

11. I'm gonna take a small leap of faith for mankind and say that, if anything, he claimed not claims.

12. It's the intergalactic grammar police :wave::wave::wave:

13. I think life in space will eventually find us our technology isn't good enough to find life in space yet...

14. Rofl!!!!!

Humans were not genetically altered dude. It would be so obvious if we were

15. There's just no way to answer the question. Too many variables... :(

16. That's why we speculate

17. No, they didn't. You're probably thinking of the program that was going to be NASA's SETI program, but congress got it shut down as soon as they could.

Ear to the Universe Is Plugged by Budget Cutters - NYTimes.com

No, we didn't. I mean, just no.

No, it isn't. You would think someone claiming to be studying biology wouldn't think they found alien mushrooms, and this Starchild shit.. Are you using your book pages as toilet paper or something?

A little thinking can go a long way people..

But on a side note, this is good news for the idea of finding some kind of basic life on one of the many moons in our solar system.
    Russia Finds 'New Bacteria' in Antarctic Lake : Discovery News

18. #59 californian9195, Mar 10, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
    56 genetic variations makes it unsurvivable.....humans cannot survive even 1 or 2 ever hear of genetic disorders? ever hear of anyone with more than one that makes it past age 5? this was a full adult. 56 genetic mutations. And claiming? I do study it ill have the degree in a few short months to prove it along with one in neuroscience, just because the scientific community chalks this up to an anamoly and disregards it doesnt mean its wrong. In fact the earth was flat for a while until one crazy anamoly of an equation proved it wrong. That skull has 25 percent more brain capacity than a full grown human, thinner bones that are stronger than tooth enamel (the most hard bone on your body) requiring a carbide bit to cut through it. So what you are arguing is that this skull, is not only human but is a human with 56 genetic abnormalities, a genome that was compared to EVERY living species on the planet and not a single sequence of coding was found to be TERRESTRIAL, ruled out the possibilities of formational abnormalities due to absent features essential to diagnoises of disease, its missing a sinus cavity for christ sake as well as the inion on the back of the head. Sounds inhuman to me but what do I know, I am just and educated person who is lookign at facts with an open mind and wide open eyes and jaw dropped open at the impossibility this creature exists. And your credentials are? A degree in genetics, plastic surgery, biochemistry, and human anatomy/physiology? because those were the credentials of the people examining the skull all doctorates in their field who people pay millions of dollars entrusting them and their knowledge of abnormalities of the human body to fix them. maybe the knowledge diffuses through their corn holes when they use their medical journal pages to wipe too, no wonder the bathrooms are always packed in med schools....

oh and on a side note, they have found mushroom spores that survive in space techniqually alien mushrooms.

19. I have a hard time believing it, but it's from Clifford Stone - a retired military personnel.