Precision In Nature: Evidence Of God Or Accidents?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Alter2Ego, Jun 8, 2013.

1. [SIZE=10pt]ALTER2EGO -to- EVERYONE:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]For the average person, precision indicates that an intelligent person guided the outcome. According to Webster's New World College Dictionary, the word "precision" is defined as follows:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]"the quality of being precise; exactness, accuracy"

The reverse of precision is imprecision/inaccuracy/inexactness, which is always the result of an accident or a spontaneous event that happens by chance with no one guiding the outcome. Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary defines an accident as:[/SIZE]

"a nonessential event that HAPPENS BY CHANCE and has undesirable or unfortunate results." (Source: Websters New Collegiate Dictionary)

Notice that an accident, by definition, is something unplanned aka it "happened by chance." Notice the similarity of the definition for "spontaneous" (as in "spontaneous event").

DEFINITION OF "SPONTANEOUS":

"Spontaneous means unplanned or done on impulse."
    http://www.yourdictionary.com/spontaneous

AGRUMENT #1 FOR AN INTELLIGENT CREATOR:

Scientific evidence shows there is extreme precision in everything around us in the natural world. This precision renders the evolution theory and Big Bang theory mere fiction, because both theories rely on accidents or spontaneous events. Precision leaves no room for error or for accidental events. Rather, precision requires deliberation.

Take, for example, the first 60 elements that were discovered on the Periodic Table of the Elements of planet earth. Some of those 60 elements are gases and are therefore invisible to the human eye. The atoms--from which the Earth's elements are made--are specifically related to one another. In turn, the elements--e.g. arsenic, bismuth, chromium, gold, krypton--reflect a distinct, natural numeral order based upon the structure of their atoms. This is a proven LAW.

The precision in the order of the elements made it possible for scientists such as Mendeleyev, Ramsey, Moseley, and Bohr to theorize the existence of unknown elements and their characteristics. These elements were later discovered, just as predicted. Because of the distinct numerical order of the elements, the word LAW is applied to the Periodic Table of the Elements. (Sources: (1) The McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology, (2) "Periodic Law," from Encyclopdia Britannica, Vol. VII, p. 878, copyright 1978, (3) The Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientific Biography)

SIDE NOTE: Laws found in nature, as defined by Webster's New World Dictionary, are:

"a sequence of events that have been observed to occur with UNVARYING UNIFORMITY under the same conditions."

QUESTIONS FOR DISCUSSION:
    Were it not for the precise relationship among the first 60 discovered elements on the Periodic Table, would scientists have been able to accurately predict the existence of forms of matter that at the time were unknown?

2. Could the precise law within the first 60 discovered elements (on the Periodic Table) have resulted by chance aka spontaneously aka by accident? Or is this evidence for the existence an intelligent Designer/God who guided the outcome?

3. Evolution and Big Bang theories both rely upon things happening by chance aka at random. If evolution or Big Bang were credible explanations for the existence of life on earth or the existence of millions of planets in the heavens, how do either theory account for the Periodic Table of the Elements of planet earth in which the first 60 discovered elements are so precise, and so interrelated with one another, that the Periodic Table has been assigned the word "LAW"?

2. #3 Alter2Ego, Jun 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2013

ALTER2EGO -to- FIRESTORM60:

I see you have no effective rebuttal to my opening post.

Your strategy is not new.  You will make sure the moderators are aware that I have debated the same topics elsewhere and thereby save yourself having to attempt to overcome the arguments in my OP.  Your intent is that I be banned from this website; CORRECT?

Nobody at any website has ever effectively rebutted my opening post on this topic. In fact, as soon as they realize they cannot overcome my arguments, the skeptics do exactly what you do: They announce on the open forum, for the benefit of moderators, that I debated the same topic at other websites--so that I can be banned. 

FYI: I don't simply post threads and disappear with no intention of debating (which equates to spam). I actively debate people at every website where I debate this and other topics.

Not necessarily to have you banned. More to make you look like a hit and run flake on a "mission from God" in an obvious attempt to discredit you as a nut job, rendering your post as  

I personally can't refute anything in your post. True, honest, real, unadulterated "science" credits the concept of intelligent design.

4. just from having a transplant and learning how antirejection pills and the immune system work enforce me believing in a creator..the millions of "coincidences " in nature are just crazy to me

5. #6 Firestorm60, Jun 9, 2013

I have no strategy, I'm not telling the moderators anything, and I don't want you to be banned from this website.

All you're doing is asking questions about the Big Bang Theory, evolution, and the periodic table of elements. Since I don't claim to know everything about those subjects, it would probably be best to ask a scientist about those subjects.

Also, keep in mind that atheism has nothing to do with the Big Bang, evolution, or the periodic table.

6. Name 1 thing on this earth with no flaws.

I'll wait

7. #8 Alter2Ego, Jun 9, 2013

Correction: Atheism has everything to do with Big Bang theory and evolution theory. Those two theories are the driving force behind the religious dogma for members of the Religion of Atheism.  They need to believe in something--even if it amounts to science fiction.  Skeptics will believe in just about anything... except Jehovah.

The Periodic Table is evidence of intelligent design. So of course atheists want no part of that.

The medulla is pretty impressive...keeps you alive 100 or so years without skipping a beat

ALTER2EGO -to- STILLADELPH:

Name one thing on this earth that was not created.

I'll wait.

lol cmon dude. Can't take this seriously. Atheism was around long before the Big bang and evolution. Also, atheism is not a religion. It's lack of religion.

I thought you were serious at first but anyone making thse simple mistakes loses all credibility and makes you look extremely dishonest.

That's neither here nor there. Jehovah created humans with the need to worship. Atheists finally dreamed up theories that could fulfill their need for worship. And, yes, Atheism is Religion. But I won't debate that in this thread.  This thread deals with evidence for the existence of God.

Repeating lies over and over again still makes them lies. You don't seem to do a good job of representing your religion. You will turn more people away with that attitude.

13. Religion-The service and worship of God or the supernatural (2) : commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance.
    Atheism- A disbelief in the existence of deity.
    Atheism is not a religion.

14. ALTER2EGO -to- STILLADELPH:

Name one thing on this earth that was not created.

I'll wait.
    </blockquote>
    Created by whom? Humans? "God"? Chance?

I'm not seeing what your stance on the subject is.

Sent from my Desire HD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. #17 -13 Amp-, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4238NN8HMgQ

A few examples:​
    • The human retina is backwards, causing a blind spot. This is unnecessary; octopuses have a camera eye like us, but the retina is the right way around, so they have no blind spot.
    • Humans must use the same tube for eating, drinking, and breathing, which leads to hundreds of deaths each year by choking. This is also unnecessary; another mammal uses two different holes for breathing and eating: the dolphin.
    • Many deadly birth defects could be avoided if our genes were more intelligently arranged.
    • Our internal wiring is complete nonsense; a hangover from our fish ancestors. This bad wiring design can lead to everything from hiccups to hernias.

16. #18 Boats And Hoes, Jun 10, 2013

Yes, highlight some very vain and hollow "defects"... and let it totally outshine all the things enabled by cognizant man, i.e., like the fact ur on a FCKING COMPUTER EXCHANGING ENERGY AND IDEAS WITH A MIND U CAN'T SEE OR HEAR!

17. #19 -13 Amp-, Jun 10, 2013
    the internet is just a branch off of older ideas that someone expanded upon, its not like just BAMM a light switch went off and we have iPhone 4s with full net access and tablets....nope it started with giant computers and dos systems, it was advanced upon....so yeah re-working old ideas creates advancements, thats not proof of "perfect design of god"....

before the telephone it was hard to connect with people you didn't see in everyday life, you'd have to write letters, then the phone was invernted and became popular, and it has been expanded upon, old portable phones to now "smart" phones.....phonographs to record players to 8 tracks to tapes to cds to now mp3s

all it is is advancement of man, nothing to do with "thats designed perfectly so god did it"....hardly ANYTHING is designed perfectly, i don't know of anything actually that doesn't have flaws

18. #20 goober0331, Jun 10, 2013
    Apples to oranges Boats and Hoes.

Using the natural defects in humans to counter-argue an intelligent design concept is much different from a man-made computer/internet.

I honestly am not sure what your trying to get at.

As for the OP, the fact that you have been spreading this post across multiple forums, and it seems like it isnt even your own work, but in fact a copy of another original post, it makes your credibility suspect. Not to mention that it doesnt work at all.

I mean, there isnt any substance here. You throw out some definitions that you interpret, so its subjective, and then try to apply that to quantum physics, and that somehow proves that the Judeo-Christian God exists?