Precautions for growing in a garage?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by CannabisCrush, May 1, 2015.

1. A pal and I are planning on growing 5 plants in his garage. The thing is is there isn't any ventallation that we know of. Drilling a hole in the wall is out of the question since he rents. So he figures we could just vent the plants once or twice a day by opening the garage door. We'd still have a fan going of course, and possibly a humidifier. But there wouldn't be constant consistent airflow into the plants. How much will this affect the grow?

2. How much light you planning to run? Is there a tent involved?

3. Use a tent. Then you can still ventilate.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. very little, the normal garage is already plenty drafty. Would you set a bowl of dough in your garage to let it rise? Stable heat is the problem. Best bet for growing in a garage is veg out in the open and buy a lightproof tent for flowering.

5. There will be a tent and we do have a proper fan and duct system.

Yes we will be

Tent is involved (8x5x5) and one 1,000 watt light. We're starting with 5 clones.

6. #6 lotek590, May 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2015
    yeah that sounds like a good deal, you should be able to grow some top shelf weed. I don't really like tents. When I bought mine, the ambient was 78 with the a/c running in the summer, but when I would open the tent the temp could be above 90. But in a garage you should be cool. Main thing about a tent is, it is often easier just to buy the tent rather than plug up all the light leaks. 1000w in an 8x5x5. sounds about perfect. You're going to have to screw up really bad to keep from growing some good pot.

7. #7 ladyluckybean, May 1, 2015
    Last edited: May 1, 2015
    Make sure you add a filter since even though you're inside a garage you're more exposed as someone who's inside a house. I'm dealing with thrips and I'm guessing that's how they found me. You can get furnace filters and cut them to fit then some duct tape and you're well protected. Pantyhose works ok.