Preacher

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by shadowprince101, Aug 28, 2018.

1. I'm surprised I haven't seen a thread for this show on here . Perfect show for a stoner ( to the point where it's even developed by Seth Rogen, no less ) and the comic book series it's based on is a masterpiece. Who's been watching this show ?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yo, I avidly read the comics way back when and the fact that they actually made this into a show makes me shit every time I tune in.

I'm pretty satisfied with the revenge at the end of this season and I do hope they take it to the limit!

Cassidy, with his love for chemical enhancements, is my favorite.

Arseface! Heh heh. Man so awesome.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. I'm glad to find someone else who can enjoy the comics as well as the show. There're a lot of comic purists out there who HAAATE the show lmao

I actually don't mind the changes much myself (though I did at first ) . I think it's done a great job of more or less following the same plot while changing how certain things happen, expanding on certain stories/elements, and rearranging events, keeping it recognizable and new all at once . In a way, some of the changes are actually BETTER than how they were in the comics ( I vastly preferred the show's versions of Fiore and DeBlanc for starters)

How did you feel about the show's choice of making TC a more sympathetic character ?

4. Oh yeah TC would have not gone over well with anyone as hardcore as he was in the comics! Murderous and a penchant for animal rape... at least they alluded to the animal stuff when he distracted local cops.

I did rather like the show version of TC all said and done.

I don't usually have any problems with changes from one medium to the next, hell there was a time when I wouldn't have ever even believed Sin City or 300 or many other Frank Miller novels and the like would get made into feature films. Preacher was always SO out there to see them blow up the town in season one I knew I'd respect their additions.

Oh yeah the Archangel fight with the historically accurate suppressed revolver had me so stoked.

5. Yeah, had they kept in the murder of Billy Bob, Jesse would definitely " hate him that much " ...

I like how they switched the bashing-out-of-the-brains to Jody instead of him too. At least they kept that, plus the lighter and all that .

I'm actually a little sad they killed off Quincannon in s1. I loved Jackie Earle Haley's performance ( a lot of performances that feel like the characters walked straight off the pages are in this show ) and the story arc with that character was fuckin' solid . But these things happen. Maybe he'll even come back, get buddy-buddy with Hitler in Hell ? Ya never know, lol

Tbf, "out there " would be an understatement for Miller's stories nowadays lol.

• Like Like x 1
  6. The one thing I always would tell people when (poorly) describing Preacher was the coffin at the bottom of the bayou treatment! I'm glad they had him escape in such a MacGuyver fashion.

7. This was Jesse/Dominic's season without a doubt. This is the triumphant "redemption " of sorts the character needed. " I am NEVER gonna be your Messiah ! " THAT'S Jesse Custer.