Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pre/post smoking bong rituals?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by SaladFingers, Aug 4, 2008.

1. put on a song

2. You don't say..
    Hot water + Ice = Bigger exhale?

3. #23 Dr_Octagonapus, Aug 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2008
    i remember learning, a long time ago, that mixing hot and cold like that can weaken and break glass... idk, i'll try and find sourcing unless i'm just crazy and that never existed.

either way i'll post what i find/dont find.

EDIT - ok here's what i've discovered, i was majorly right but only kinda sorta... i cant find any hard, documented evidence but there are a few Q&A sites that discuss this sort of thing...

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_does_glass_break_when_exposed_to_drastic_temperature_changes

so anyways, i have no idea whether this could happen with bongs based the durability of the glass, actual temperature of the hot water before adding ice and how much of a temp change is needed but i would be cautious at least...

of course if people have been doing this and never had issues, then forgive me. however, stress fractures are a little hard to see -_-

4. load it.
    hit it.
    repeat.
    relax.
    leave.

lol.

i dont own a bong/pipe, i just use other peoples.

5. Don't worry about it breaking your glass.
    The ice would melt and not have time to break the glass.

6. #26 xchuyx122, Jan 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2009

The ice isnt what breaks it, its the sudden temperature drop. If your bongs ice cold and you pour hot water in it, the glass will expand and can crack. Honestly my friend just got a nice perculated bong and I can rip the shit outta it, ill cough, but its not a harsh cough its a holy fuck im baked cough, so ill stick with some cold water and cubes