pre-paid visa

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by kmattkor, Feb 17, 2009.

1. I just bought one of those Green Dot pre paid visa cards from walgreens i was wonderin if anyone has used these before. There askin for my SSN and all my info, im not sure what to do. Anyone who has bought seeds with one of these before got and advice?

2. i have bought prepaid visas many times and was NEVER asked for my ssn, i just paid and they gave me the card. i would not get it if they need us ssn, because then that cards linked to ur ssn. sorry o elsewhere, try going to the local mall, they usually sell them

3. #3 HarvesterOfBud, Feb 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2009
    I recently bought one from Walgreens from gift2go.com prepaid Visa....

I paid cash at Walgreens and then registered the card online on their site....gave the name and address I wanted to use and made a purchase onlne that night...no problems

Just make sure that the address you register the card in is the same where the merchandise is going to...the checkout cart will verify it anytime it's an online purchase

In no way, shape, or form did anyone ask for my SSN.

4. I got a visa canvas card online i just deposit money on to it and it works fine gl

5. i was worried about the same thing recently when i bought a only1 prepaid visa card and on their wedite it says

*Obtaining Your Card: The USA PATRIOT Act is a federal law that requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person who opens a Card Account. What this means for you: When you open a Card Account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.

this got me even more worried but i did it, bought my goods and then i find out the only way you can cancell the account is by calling the costumer support number.

and now im still waiting on the seeds

6. ive bought plenty of visa giftcards and never had to give any personal info, unless its registered to be used online, and still no ss# required. the mall sells them.

7. I gotta bump this. Got one from wal-mart and they want all my info to activate. Does it not work if unactivated? And now I have my money on this shit and can't buy from somewhere else.

8. Most cards, if you plan on using them online, want you to register them first...it's really for your protection if you lose the card...

All it does is match the name and address to what you enter on a merchants site..

It doesn't have to be your real name either, but the address has to be the same as where your getting your goods shipped..

It's really simple...

9. will anyone who has bough a visa gift card that has not asked for their personal info please post the name of the card

i bought an only1 card and it asked for all of my info

10. bought a green dot and oredred from the doc two monthes ago, gave em all my info for the card, ss n shit, still no seeds, and also as a side note my girlfriend has still not recieved the legal goods she purchased online the same day i ordered the seeds off the same card... unfortunaly cuz im moving i was stupid and lost the print off orders so im f'ked out my 80 bucks... oh well second attempt will be from master card in my name... fuck stealth ya know

11. Go with a Pre-paid (pre-loaded) Visa Gift Card. They come with the money already on it (you get what you pay for), and there is no need for SSN, addresses, etc. You can find them damn near anywhere...you just have to know what you're looking for. They come in $100 (max) to $25 (min).

Visa GIFT Card