Pre-made pc grow box convertion

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by samtheman152, Apr 11, 2013.

1. #1 samtheman152, Apr 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2013
    :DHi GC, I've got a little project that I thought some people might enjoy and it may possibly benefit you if you have the same issue that I have. The issue being that a pc grow box is way to small for my liking and the fact that I spent £230 on my pc grow box means I don't want to waste it so I will convert it into a normal grow box, well that is my plan depending on the feed back I get or if I find a problem that means my idea wont work. I will be taking my time with this as I have other none growing things going on. All comments, advice and ? are welcomed.

Firstly here is the grow box and then stage one of the conversion VERY SOON.:bongin:

Attached Files:

2. #2 samtheman152, Apr 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2013
    :DSo here is stage one of the conversion. Basicly I want to lower the light to the middle of the box. By taking the front of the case off, the bulb holder, screw in thing what ever that's called? and the mylar. Then lowering the wooden mount and putting the box back together with every thing in place. You may get my idea or you might think its an odd thing to do but stage two is coming VERY SOON. Any comments are welcome but I will not give any more away until my next post.

Attached Files:

3. looks like a fun little project

alittle surprised your box costs so much they are cheap to build

4. :DWell I guess its called a bulb holder then Ha!:bongin:

5. :DThanks man. Yeah it is a lot of paper, but I didn't put much thought into it, I guess I just wanted to buy and grow not build and grow.

6. #6 samtheman152, Apr 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2013
    :DRight then GC, stage two. I will tip the pc grow box over so that the side which opens is flat on the floor. It will then fit perfectly in the left corner of my cupboard with the feet taken off.

Then I will build something that the pc grow box can sit on top of that has a door on the front which will be made with my pc box door with large intake fan and three solid walls that are lined with mylar on the inside.

But no top as the pc grow box will be the top and the light has to shine down(thanks to stage one the light will be in the centre). Also there will be the three exhaust fans at the top which are mounted in the pc grow box.

Therefore converting the pc grow box into a grow box with out even stripping the pc grow box down. I hope that this has explained my plan and that you can now imagine what im talking about.

What do the people of GC think?
    Is this conversion a good idea?
    Does anyone see any obvious reasons why it wont work?

:DAll comments and questions welcomed.:bongin:

Attached Files:

7. :DHi GC. After a bit more thinking, planning and pricing up some materials I have decided to go through with the conversion.

Stage one coming soon.:bongin:

8. Very nice pc box sam. Think it might be cool for a lowryder. Might need to lst it as it gets a bit bigger. Then as thats growing u could build a little box like mine. Get to the thrift shop and get a lil project goin :p

9. :DI don't want to LST that's why I am converting it to a decent size grow box.:bongin:

10. I think that pc box is awesome, looks well put together. What about picking up a free cabinet off Craigslist. Cabinets are cheap and sometimes free. Use the pc box for starts. It might be too small to keep a mother, but I think it could be done.

Just an idea if stealth is a must a desk with cabinet built in with the pc.

11. Sweet. How long do you plan on vegging for? I originally started off with a pc grow box but this happened :

Attached Files:

12. Yeah them cfls are huge. I got a little cabinet and it only just fits lol. Also u do get a bit of heat in small spaces.

Attached Files:

13. You sure do get some heat. I obviously had to make a bigger box and had heat issues. It's okay now I've of bigger bigger box but I'm in a battle with humidity ATM.
    Achy balls

14. What does your humidity sit at?

15. It's around 60%. That's supposed to be good for veg but bad for flower. Just can't seem to bring it down

16. Up you fresh air intake and it will come down.

17. Yeah as wickedsmoke said up your intake and your be fine.

18. Any ways back to the thread, what type of modifications do you have planned for the pc? Any more updates?

19. :DI am taking my time with this but will be doing stage one (explained in post#2) in the week coming so I will do a post on that when finished.

20. Looking foward to it sam. Cant wait till your growing