Pre-growing

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ScandiGrower, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Hi, I'm new to the growing-scene and first-time-poster here!

I have some questions concerning pre-growing pots, sexing and re-potting! My setting is as follows:
    • I live at lat. 60 in Scandinavia, Northern Europe
    • I'm planning to grow these two strains: HFH LEB27S – Hybrids From Hell and hfh-monk
    • Our safe-date for tomatoes, and therefore cannabis, is around 6.10, so that's when I'll move them out.
    • I will be using 10 gallon smart pots
    So, my questions concern the pre-growing of my semi-autoflowering (I think...), very early, cold climate strains:
    1. If I will put them outside on June 10, when should I sprout my seeds and start the pre-growing in small pots by the window inside? 3 weeks ahead?
    2. Since I cant't use the "huge" 10 gallon pots for pre-growing inside by my window, what is a sufficient pot size for pre-growing? I was planning on 4 ounce plastic cubes, but will they be too small for 3 weeks of pre-growing? This lady here has like 2 or 3 gallon pots for 4 w/o plants, so I think 4 ounces will be too little
    3. When can I expect to determine the sex of the plants? This would be nice to got out of the way ASAP so I can use all my eight 10 gallon bags for female plants and not waste a bunch of soil, money and growing space on males! I've heard that these early, northern-tailored-strains are quite early, so 3-4 weeks?
    4. And finally, if I do happen to put a male in the final, big pot, can I still exchange it with a female later on?
    So yeah, could someone shed some light on my concerns and help me maximize my yield!

2. If I was in your shoes and was planning to grow outside I'd start them inside under some T5 fluorescent lights. I can't help you much since I've never grown outside where the days were as long as yours are. You can start sexing your plants after about 4 weeks, sometimes a little earlier sometimes later. I prefer female seeds, I hated tossing plants I babied. I don't know anything about growing semi autos. Look into T5 lights.