Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pre-Grinding Bud?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by FreeYourSoul, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Is it a bad idea to just grind up my entire inventory and be able to use it whenever I want? It will be sitting for more than a month. Will The weed be affected? Also, is grinding with scissors in a shot glass/pill bottle a bad idea?

2. Its better to just break it up when you wanna smoke it so its the freshest it can be if you care about that

3. I used to grind up all my mids at the same time when I got them just to get all the stems and seeds out at the same time so I didn't have to worry about it later.

4. The only problem with pre-grinding is that you'll be more tempted to smoke it than usual.

5. Its stupid. Straight up. You will for a fact lose THC which is the most potent part lol

6. [​IMG]

7. That was the stupidest thing on Earth I have ever heard.

Anyway, OP I usually pre grind all my bud. Nothing wrong with it at all. If you want flavor and smell preserved, leave it in an airtight jar. If you aren't buying 1/2 a gram at a time and don't care, then grind it up ;)

[​IMG]

8. [quote name='"Rasta Haze"']That was the stupidest thing on Earth I have ever heard.

Anyway, OP I usually pre grind all my bud. Nothing wrong with it at all. If you want flavor and smell preserved, leave it in an airtight jar. If you aren't buying 1/2 a gram at a time and don't care, then grind it up ;)

[/quote]

Kiefalicious! :drool:

9. Would a medicine bottle (those orange ones) count as airtight? And also, what about the scissors part of the question?

10. Yeah, I pre grind my bud, I noramally grind a couple of buds to last a few days and stick it in a bag so it's ready for whenever. I find it auctually helps you reserve more because you can tell more easily how much you've got left, and you shouldnt have any problems with mild or anything like that as long as your weed is dried properly.

An also I don't see how you could lose THC because if you put it straight into a bag all the THC goes in the bag, it might fall of some of the larger bits at the top of the bag and all the powdery bits go to the bottom but all the THCs still there, it's just some is shaken to the bottom of the bag but that makes no difference because you still get high of it and it can even make the stuff at the bottom more potent because that's where the THC goes, it's not like it just floats off into thin air.

11. [quote name='"FreeYourSoul"']Would a medicine bottle (those orange ones) count as airtight? And also, what about the scissors part of the question?[/quote]

I'm not sure about the pill bottles because we don't really get them here but the shot glass and scissors method works, I havent done it myself but I know a lot of people on here do and it does work. But really a grinder is the best thing for the job because it does it nice and quickly and easily, if you have a relatively large stash the shot glass method might take some time.

12. if its for a month i would do half

also, i noticed that the bud in my mason jar stays moist longer then the bud in baggies

13. Would I lose any THC from the shot glass method of grinding?

14. Can you just smoke your weed please

15. [quote name='"logan20519"']Can you just smoke your weed please[/quote]

I would, but I want to make sure I won't ruin it first.

16. The most potent part?:confused:
    What other substance in marijuana gets you high?
    The potency of marijuana depends on the amount of THC, not any other factor.

17. You wont lose thc if you cut it up in a shot glass

18. [quote name='"FreeYourSoul"']

I would, but I want to make sure I won't ruin it first.[/quote]

No that dudes right. Your over thinking this. Cut up your weed and smoke it. Don't worry about the .01% of THC loss you experience. Just smoke already

19. [quote name='"JusticeViaKarma"']

The most potent part?:confused:
    What other substance in marijuana gets you high?
    The potency of marijuana depends on the amount of THC, not any other factor.[/quote]

Thc is just 1 of many cannabinoids that are responsible for the high