pre flowering??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by atlboi420, Apr 10, 2012.

1. I dont want a hermi... what is pre flowering? I was going to sswitch to 12/12 but decided to wait another week. Im on day 22 just wanted to give jody another week

2. all preflowering is the spots on the plant where you can see budz are going to develop. i always switch to 16/8 a week before flower so i can trim my plants where i want the budz

3. You'll see them in between the branches of each node. My plants are 5 weeks old and only have a few preflowers. This pic should help you determine sex...male preflowers look like a group of little balls, and female preflowers look like a teardrop, which then will have pistils bursting out later.

Attached Files:

4. What the above said. Hermis are generally caused from dicking with your lights like one day you turn the lights off at 10pm then next 1am or 12 hours one day of darkness 8 hours one day. Also heat can induce it. Hermis have nothing to do with pre flowering.

5. How high does the temp have to be in order for them to hermie?

Reason I ask is because I had high temps in the beginning of y grow, but it's pretty under control now. Sometimes it'll still get over 85, but most of the time it's below 80, usually around 75.