Pre Flowering?? Help...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by gp76, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Started from seeds on May 29th. Skunk #1 and Jack Herer.
    Is this looking good... how long before harvesting?

Attached Files:

2. if your outside, your harvest will depend on the light cycles of the sun. On the West coast, you won't start flowering until mid September.

For 12 weeks, it's a bit small, it would probably have been bigger if you had put her in the ground.

3. I am from the East Coast... so flowering at the end of September?
    I didn't want big plants, that's why.

4. Probably around the same time but depending on where you are it might get too cold.

5. Ok.... yes it will be cold! What is the solution, if there's one?
    Thanks!!

6. #6 The Egg Man, Aug 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2013
    like a hoop/green house sort of setup, or you have to get her inside.

7. or you can throw her in to bud now with like black plastic or something to throw over her after she has had 12 hours of light every day. You have to keep it very consistent, and lightproof or it will Herm.

Also, it's better if the material is breathable so that you don't suffocate her.

Ok great! I'll try that with the smaller one in 2 gallon bucket. (I have 7 total)
    If the sunrise at 6AM, at 6PM precisely I have to cover them? Black plastic bag with tiny holes?

Thanks again for your help!

9. IDK I wish I hadn't said plastic because honestly I think that might suffocate them. I would try like a burlap material and some support to keep them off your plants.

I also want to say that it's likely you will get some seeds this way because it will be difficult to entirely light proof the situation. It's easier if they are in a green house or hoop house and you can just cover that.

Also I think the idea is that you would leave the cover on all night and then  come un cover them in the morning, that's why you need such a breathable material. If you uncover them during the night, anything can make them herm, a porch light or city lights, which brings me to another detail that I always wondered about...

it's really difficult to grow outdoors, in or around a city because of the city lights at night.

10. It's a male.

11. You start flowering a lot earlier then that dude depending on strain, Im growing in outdoor eastern washington and my plants are already showing pistils, some of my plants will be done end of september..

12. shows what I know.

13. I was just basing that on when our daylight hits 13-12 hours

14. you were spot on though, 12.12 days dont start till mid september, i just have a few strains that start flowering once it about 10 or 11 hours darkness.

15. I suppose I don't really do much experimenting with light cycles quite yet.

Just kind of going off knowledge I already had.

What are your special strains if you don't mind me asking?

16. the cindy 99 from g13 labs is super fast flowering i have it outdoors, as well as a matanuska thunder fuck, all the other strains im running are a slower flower process.

17. I have personally tasted very good specimens of both strains... good luck to you sir.