Pre Employment THC Test

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Enjoyable High, Sep 10, 2017.

1. I am applied for a part time job at warehouse packaging operator for a large online sales company that is spelled with the letter A and also has a z. The HR told me that they use two levels of drug screening; and explained how the fact that they do drug testing it saves them a lot of money on insurance costs and the profitability of the warehouse site, and which they use for employee raises and nice Christmas party.
    They are sending me in for a piss test and I get a bonus if I agree to random saliva testing for THC on Weds thru Fridays.

2. Quit weed or get a different job.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. *Well it is pretty immature to just quit smoking pot or go out and try for a different job.
    THis job has gr8 benefits, is close by my home so my commute is only 7 minutes drive, and the pay is great for only working 4 hour shifts 3 times per week, it pays $16 per hour, and I get discounts on lots of Am**z**n overstocked merch. No need to let a simple piss test make me lose out on this opportunity--after all pot is just a daym plant---I am not dependant on a daym plant. I just do my usual piss test prep. Abstain from pot, workout, drink grapefruit juice, eat salads, and sh*t and piss a lot...then drank a bottled water and home test til I"m negative--easy peasy.

4. im speechless.

5. The prohibition must end. Cannabis is a wonderful plant with many uses. We shouldn't let corporations or government of any level tell us that we shouldn't be allowed to have this plant as part of our lives.

6. *Well, I agree with employers who drug test in order to get lower liability insurance premiums and who don't want folks coming to work stoned. If I were an "employer" and could pay smaller insurance rates just by proving to the Underwriter that my new hires [and by extension all employees] passed a THC piss test I'd most def enforce pre-employment drug testing. C'mawwnn mang, you know a piss test is essentially nothing more than an "intelligence test" righ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I disagree with you there. The main problem is the piss test doesn't tell you anything other than if someone had consumed within roughly 30 days. It can't tell you whether this person will come into work incapacitated. What if I just like to smoke a bowl after work and chill?

Personally, I'm not the type to come to work fucked up. It's disrespectful and dangerous to myself and to my co-workers. If I smoke after work, I'll be clear headed by the next day. I'll stay sober on the clock but when I clock out, that's my time and I should be allowed to do whatever I damn well please.

• Like Like x 1
  8. *Thanks for the reply Zippos: You're right, the THC piss test tells only the toxin level in the past 20 to 40 days, this is a well known fact; however, most insurance company Underwriters don't acknowledge the "saliva test"--which tells of recent use. So, we're left with the piss test. No reason to fret over it, it's just a piss test---and like I said it's fundamentally an "intelligence test". All the pre-employment pot test is asking is this simple demand: Can you bring me some negative piss? Most folks are "intelligent" enough to figure out how to bring a "negative piss" to the Lab Corp piss collector lady in the back room. : > ) Are you intelligent enough to do that? : > )

9. : > ) thanks for the "agree" Shifty83...: > ); but LOL @ you being "speechless"...cdfu!

10. There is no way to "expel" weed from your system and it took a month for me last time to be clean enough (still wasn't zero) to receive my Rx. If you are a weed smoker and want to remain so, just tell them thanks for the opportunity but later....

11. I knew exactly what you meant by "intelligence test", I've been on probation, parole, applied for jobs that required drug tests, etc... I could pass one if I had to. I shouldn't have to though. What I do on my time is my business, not theirs.

• Like Like x 1
  12. *Well Soapy, two things here:
    1) It seems that you're confusing "expel" with "detoxification": to "expel" denotes and connotes an "immediate/sudden" type of action (e.g., he gagged, then expelled the bread that had clogged his throat; or, the preacher expelled the demons from her). No one on this thread is saying that pot can be "expelled" from your system--and certainly not me saying such. Now, "Detoxification" on the otherhand is the action/process that we are discussing here---which entails a time-dependent systematic oxidation & filtration of our bodies such that THC levels in your piss are < 50 nanograms = Pass on the post interview piss test.

2) Look here, there's no way I'm going to let a daym plant interfere with my success in getting this good job--besides the pay, I get free dibbs on over-stocked merch and it's close to home plust at $16 per hour- x 4 hr shift. I can buy a nice sack of jager and maybe add to my savings account more.