Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pre Employment Drug Test (Gone Wrong)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by jfernandezz, Aug 23, 2012.

1. So I used the urinator for my drug test today along with clean urine (from my cousin)

He takes no illegal drugs.

He is only taking prescription medication singulair (for asthma)

---

It was to my understanding singulair would not get detected in a urine test.

I went in there today at 8am and she had an "instant" drug test kit.

I took the test and while my co worker was taking hers the lady told me something was detected in the urine and will be sent to a lab for testing.

I'm supposed to get a call on monday for the results.
    --

My question is.

What the hell is going on? I thought it wouldn't get detected?

--
    My cousin does not take illegal drugs, I'm 100% sure. But I don't understand why the test detected something.

He hasn't taken any type of medicine that would alter the results.
    --

My other question is,

Assuming it did detect the singulair. Will I be required to provide prescription papers? I don't have any (as I don't take singulair)

Will I get fired now? What will happen? ahh!

2. You should have just used the synthetic pee for the wizinator man! Most likely you will be cool though I don't think that singular contains anything that will show on a drug test

3. *Hopefully* man!

Why do you think she said it needs additional testing then?

& will I be required to provide prescription papers?

4. If an "office test" comes back positive, it is standard procedure to refer it to a "reference laboratory" for analysis. Many things can make one of the "instant" tests pop positive, including cold medications or inhalers. I have never used cocaine or methamphetamine, and I tested positive for both on one test. They sent it to a lab and it came back fine.

Every employer or agency sets their own policy for prescription medications. Most don't require you to show proof of prescription for anything but controlled substances, such as anxiety medication or pain medication (Xanax or hydrocodone, for example). Each employer pretty much determines that for themselves, but proof for controlled substances only is most common.