Prawns, ewwww!

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by wEEDhEAD1, May 30, 2020.

1. I’m very squeamish. I grew up in the country’s capital city, so chicken comes from kfc and fish battered with chips lol. I’m sitting here thinking and I honestly don’t think I’ve ever had anything look like what it is.

2. We grew up in the country and around alot of farms - and while not all, obviously, we cleaned alot of what we ate. Fish from rivers/lakes, fowl from the barnyard or hunting and seafood from the ocean - and if you DIDNT clean it you went hungry lol

It was never a big deal though because we were exposed to it from a young age & taught how to do it early.

j

• Like Like x 2
  3. Wow too different lives! How cool!!

I'm moreso talking about the meat that is in every store, in every town, in every city, in every state, throughout the countries.

Billions of chicken, cow, fish sold DAILY. but it takes years to grow. Hmmm

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Cows are usually 18 months but fish maybe 6 months and chickens (broilers) 40-50 days.

5. Your gambling getting shrimp delivered.

6. I read about this company overseas that got sued for the deaths of millions. Owned by one man, fed fish food from Monsanto, he had more fish than the countries population and the age of maturity to harvest was drastically reduced by months

7. Wow thats a lot shorter than I would of guessed.

8. I have some experience with this this Jerry............but I PERSONALLY think "its a shame" at how far we........."most Americans" have distanced ourselves with the technique and the reality of gathering our food...........

Most of us just walk into a store and buy a package............not having a CLUE what went into providing that for us

9. You should just be able to grab the tail and pull off the entire shell in one piece, if it's cooked right

10. they may well have done. I didn’t know the trick, I wish I did! I’ve never had to do it myself :roflmao: