Prawns, ewwww!

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by wEEDhEAD1, May 30, 2020.

1. I ordered some prawns with my food last night and they came as actual whole prawns. The third one in I see something disgusting and it put me off. Looks worm like. Mate said it might be part of its inners. Anyone know?

EE610239-7C12-4300-AA23-78A289CE30AE.jpeg

It grossed me out so much! And then I googled it and found out shrimp eat parasites and dead skin. It said shrimp is made up of digested parasites, yum.. :speechless:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Haha yeah thats its shit pipe mate.
    Unfortunately just one of the things you gotta deal with when it comes to fresh prawns.
    The little prawns you get at christmas time with pink sauce all still have it in and nobodys ever died from that so....
    Might taste bad in a big one. Dont know, never been curious enough to find out but its certainly not gonna do you in lol.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I don't fuck with prawns, my whole family love them, fuck that.

• Like Like x 2
  4. That’s the pooper lol I love shrimp, but you can literally taste that shit lol

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1

5. If you remove the shit pipe then cook them they'll be fine.. you won't taste it or anything lol

Most seafood you have to gut/clean if it's fresh & not mass produced in a warehouse lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. Well I guess it’s a lot better that the worm I thought it was... guess it was a dumb time to order seafood anyways.
    And I’m pretty sure they will my last prawns ever too lol

Thanks.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. at least it was cooked ....but really that shit should have been removed before they cooked it ,,,,mac,

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yh it was from a decent place too. Was like £9 for 5 prawns :s . I order from there a lot too but normally just pizza. I think I’ll call them later and have words lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. You can eat it. BFD.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. its safe to eat ,it just that it doesn't look that nice to eat ,,,if i found a prawn like that ,my cat would eat it l,think id be put off myself ,lol ,,mac,

• Like Like x 1
  11. So everybody de veins their shrimp first. I like em boiled peel n eat with some butter. Also head on it dont matter.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. I Called the restaurant and sent a pic. The chef said it was abit of vein left and they apologised. It comes with the fucking head and legs and everything still attached so I can see how abit could get missed lol. Said I can have a free meal So happy days. But defo no more prawns lol.

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. Was this delivered to begin with and was your shrimp hot and fresh.

14. We always removeD after its been cooked dude - runs right down the center of the body. Once its been cooked its very easy to split it open and that vein slides right out.

j

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Haha, the mud gut! Twist and pull the middle of the tail fin and you can pull/slide it out. Never ate prawns, but they look very similar to cradads and that's how we deal with em.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Guarantee it's a million times LESS gross than what's in the sausage on your pizza, or in hotdogs, or any other meat that isn't a specific "cut"

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Yeah man we eat them all the time. Same as crabs, most people don't touch the goopy mustard guts and gills, but we smash that shit! Fresh steamed out the bay, you don't get much better than that!

Sent from the future

• Like Like x 2
  18. Yes, yes and yes. It’s a good restaurant and only on Uber eats because of the current situation.

19. I’ve never had like this, if I knew they were whole I wouldn’t have ordered lol. This is the closest Looking prawn prawn I’ve ever had before. Now I know why some call them the cockroaches of the see. It was gross lol
    124E8B1E-217F-49CA-9686-DAB6B567E2EE.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. You definitely wouldnt like our Maine lobster, then - similar but a whole lot bigger.

I dunno - guess we’re just used to it - just something you have to do, like gutting a chicken or cleaning a fish.

Everything is similar in one way or another unless it grows in the ground. You just don’t see it.

j

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1